Difficulty Taking Wellbutrin XL at Same Time Everyday

Hello,

I am having trouble taking Wellbutrin XL (300mg) at the same time each morning. I go to bed at different times each night, depending on my schedule and level of fatigue, and usually will wake at different times the following day. Sometimes I will go to bed too late, and then wake up too late, and then I take my wellbutrin a few hours later than I usually would. Sometimes I need to get up early for class or to travel, and I need to take my wellbutrin earlier in the morning than I usually would.

I noticed that when I take it too early or too late like this, I sometimes feel very fatigued (even though I have had a full 8 hours of sleep that night) and I have trouble thinking clearly, getting organized, and functioning. Is this from taking my wellbutrin off schedule? I usually take it within a 2-3 hour time range on different mornings.

Is it okay to take Wellbutrin XL like this? 2-3 hours more or less than the exact time you usually take it? I know they say to take your medications at the exact same times each day, but my habits and lifestyle make this hard to do sometimes.

Thank you!

I sometimes feel very fatigued (even though I have had a full 8 hours of sleep that night) and I have trouble thinking clearly, getting organized, and functioning. Is this from taking my wellbutrin off schedule? I usually take it within a 2-3 hour time range on different mornings.

I don't know if WB can produce this effect, but speaking from years of personal experience, even with 8 hours of sleep an uneven sleep cycle itself can do this to a person. If it was me I would review the principles of good sleep hygiene and do my best to get to bed at the same time every night

I am not sure about Wellbutrin specifically, but I do generally the same thing with my meds, since I don't go to bed or wake up at the same time each day. I haven't noticed anything like you are describing though. It probably would behoove me to take a look at my own sleep hygiene.

Thanks guys! Yus, I really need to make a point to practice good sleep hygiene, another reason it's hard to these days is because I moved in with my boyfriend recently and he stays up very late. Playing World Of Tanks (My lullaby is pretty much the sound of machine guns hammering and explosions in the background). I think the fatigue im having has something to do with my eating habits too. It's so easy to blame any complications on medications...they are always my first suspect, lol.

You need earplugs! ;)

I take my WB(300XL) any time between 5:30 AM and 9:00 AM, although it's usually around 7:00. I don't get any weird side effects doing that. I think an irregular sleep cycle may be your culprit, and you also need to eat good food. Fatigue can make me feel totally dizzy.

olga

I've not experienced anything like this. Having said that, I take Wellbutrin at night (rather stupidly, although it doesn't seem to be affecting my insomnia...). As I take my meds before I go to bed, and I go to bed at roughly the same time, I usually don't have a problem with this.

I think possibly if you're having this problem then you might have to consider taking it at a different time of day, or making sure that you get up at around the same time every day.

N

Maybe taking it at the latest time you usually arise might help? Or, alternately, you could try an alarm, a pill, and a glass of water by your bed, take the med, fall back to sleep.

That said, good sleep hygiene and food is important, yes.

Anna

Thank you so much! I'm going to try setting my alarm and keeping some saltine crackers by my bedside table (wellbutrin makes me queasy on an empty stomach) to take with it. I heard if you are going to have a snack before bed, eating unsaturated fats during this time (like peanut butter or nuts, which are also low in carbohydrates) before bedtime also helps maintain a restful sleep because the fat calories will burn at a slower and more even rate. This has been helping me a lot, so don't awake as often in the middle of the night with a gnawing stomach.

Archived