CrazyBoards.org

water

whatever the weather

16 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Anyone in the Hurricane's path?

Heading straight for it first thing in the morning. Hoping that my family will realize this is a Really Bad Idea before we hit the road...

Rumor has it that it's not due to hit my area until Monday.  I have parents coming into town and they've said they'll come hell or high water.  I'm torn between thinking I need to check to see if they'll be safe, trusting that they know it's their job to make that call, and letting them make the call.  (Technically option four is me just telling them not to come but I'll soon have enough anxiety stuff to get through--picking up gabapentin and possibly Ativan but I'm pretty sure I have that one already.)  soliciting inputs?  It's a lot of weather, but that part is okay with me so long as it's safe.  I am having a hard time listening to music and typing and have no good sense how to do both...my dad, ironically, is due to bring classical so I don't have lyrics.  

14 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Rumor has it that it's not due to hit my area until Monday.  I have parents coming into town and they've said they'll come hell or high water.  I'm torn between thinking I need to check to see if they'll be safe, trusting that they know it's their job to make that call, and letting them make the call.  (Technically option four is me just telling them not to come but I'll soon have enough anxiety stuff to get through--picking up gabapentin and possibly Ativan but I'm pretty sure I have that one already.)  soliciting inputs?  It's a lot of weather, but that part is okay with me so long as it's safe.  I am having a hard time listening to music and typing and have no good sense how to do both...my dad, ironically, is due to bring classical so I don't have lyrics.  

The last I heard, it's down to a tropical storm and may not reach hurricane strength again. When such things hit us (though we are much farther inland than you), it was only a massive amount of rain. I think your parents are going to have to make the call.

I also cannot listen to music with lyrics and type or read.

Edited by jt07

I LOVE this time of year. It was warm today, low 80's probably, but wonderfully refreshing breezes, I even turned off a couple ceiling fans. Mid 70's this weekend, very welcome, but does heat back up next week.

10 minutes ago, jt07 said:

The last I heard, it's down to a tropical storm and may not reach hurricane strength again. When such things hit us (though we are much farther inland than you), it was only a massive amount of rain. I think your parents are going to have to make the call.

I also cannot listen to music with lyrics and type or read.

Strangely, neither can my mom who also has depression.  I thought the learning was over, but it seems not to be.  

Rabbit, I was not mindful enough of the day when I left the condo this morning.  My head has been cloudy recently.  Hoping that goes away with time.  It at least seems more controllable than the now tropical storm.

We finally have tolerable weather, in the low 70s right now, lowered humidity.  Sun is mostly out, some clouds though.

There is a tropical storm headed my way, but after reading about it coming, it is only going to get the south part off MA and the islands, and part of RI.  I'm pretty sure those areas have gotten more than enough rain this summer.  In a way I kind of wish the storm would hit here too so we get a ton of rain.  Although, it is coming at 65 mph and high winds, with possible power outages.

think we are going to have a tropical storm here WITH NO FUCKING RAIN.

It is so dry outside.... only the sage and miscanthus are happy.

It is a pleasant 53 F outside, and cool in my apartment.  (And for whatever reason the people above me actually just turned their A/C on (3 AM) ... on the coolest night we've had since like April or May or around that time frame).

Today will be in the low 70s as a high, with much lower humidity than it has been. 

Hot again. 90 degrees F (32 C) and starting to get humid too. The humidity is still not horrible, but I suspect that it will soon be horrible. 

Idk the temperature, but the humidity is crazy today.  I can feel it inside the apartment without the window open.  Otherwise cloudy and drizzling rain most of the morning.

Getting to the 90s today, with high humidity.  Humid out already at 6:30 AM.  Possible rain soon, but they've said that before for the past 2 weeks and we've gotten barely more than a sprinkle.  Hoping today's prediction will be right and that we get rain.

Y'all......

The wind! It's blowing so hard. Holy shit. It's just six minutes to six a.m., and the chimes are so loud that I keep listening for unknown music when I go out to refresh my drink. 

It was hot and humid all day today until about 6:00 pm when a big wind with rain came through. A cold front is supposed to come through tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be spectacular.  

We never got the rain today. Still slightly humid. 

Tomorrow though is going to be really cool in the AM (48 F) but not sure in the afternoon ... but after that we will be in the 70s and will have some sun each day.  Finally the heat is giving us a break.  Same with the humidity.  It isn't as low as it could be, but better than usual.

Enjoying the nice and cool weather outside right now. I could have this every day!  Sunny out also, getting to the low 80s, but regardless of the humidity (not sure yet), I think it will remain nice outside.

Nice day. In the low 80s F (27 C) and very little humidity.