CrazyBoards.org

water

whatever the weather

Light snow and cold. Not as cold as last night though. Will not go below 0 F  (-18 C).

It's going to be a low of 5 degrees F tonight (-15 C). No snow. It was 16 degrees F ( - 9 C) for a high today and was sunny.

It's warming up. It's going to be at or above freezing by morning. Overnight it's going to snow/sleet/rain into tomorrow morning. If it does snow, it won't stick around too long because it's going to be above freezing every day this week.

^^ pretty much same here, just different timeline.

Snow is due to start any minute now, after a couple of hours followed by a wintery  mix, then it's done. Yep, warming, above freezing temps in most of the forecast. 

All fine with me, except for the part where the weather systems coming in make my joints ache. That part hurts. 

It was warm here today: 37 degrees F (+3 C). I actually walked around outside without my parka and did not feel cold. Tonight it will be 27 degrees F (-3 C).

the snow that was melting stopped melting and the rainy shit that was falling froze into ice and it was kind of slippery walking to my truck and pulling out of the parking lot. 

Thick clouds, and cold. Snow should be starting within the hour, will only snow for a few hours but could be heavy at times. Up to 6” predicted. 

Mind-boggling to think Tuesday will be close to 70F. 

It snowed today. Quite a lot actually but now it is melting. It will surely melt tomorrow.

It was around 60 degrees F (15 C) earlier today falling to around 40 F (4 C) following a cold front that passed through. Heavy rain fell this afternoon. High winds were also present and continue even now. The windows were cracking with the wind, and I was afraid the wind was going to blow the windows in.

Under a special weather statement for a winter storm and flash freeze.

Its currently raining with ice and snow, as the temp goes down its turning to snow, leaving a layer of ice under everything, which is the dangerous part. And the worst when you scrape off your car, last storm (3 weeks ago) I broke my new passengers side windshield wiper. After a squall a week prior, my drivers side windshield fell off, both while getting snow and ice off.

They were professionally put on, I replaced both. Now I have to go back and replace my passengers side. I have wiper problems with this car. Also, winter tires are a waste of money. Compared from my car to my moms, keep your tires maintained!

We're looking at 15cm of snow, which is nothing. Its the ice that's the problem. And my mom won't get her snow day from work. 

18 minutes ago, San said:

Under a special weather statement for a winter storm and flash freeze.

Its currently raining with ice and snow, as the temp goes down its turning to snow, leaving a layer of ice under everything, which is the dangerous part. And the worst when you scrape off your car, last storm (3 weeks ago) I broke my new passengers side windshield wiper. After a squall a week prior, my drivers side windshield fell off, both while getting snow and ice off.

They were professionally put on, I replaced both. Now I have to go back and replace my passengers side. I have wiper problems with this car. Also, winter tires are a waste of money. Compared from my car to my moms, keep your tires maintained!

We're looking at 15cm of snow, which is nothing. Its the ice that's the problem. And my mom won't get her snow day from work. 

Wish we were getting some snow.

But, yeah, ice underneath is a problem. We got exactly that kind of storm a few weeks ago. Ice first then snow. And yes, it's a bear to clean off the windows in that situation. Fortunately, none of my wipers broke. I had to just let the car run until the ice melted and the wipers were freed.

Sorry about your wiper problems, San. It seems to me like they should be able to stand more than that before breaking.

Its snowing pretty hard, high winds. Expected 30cm (approx. 1 foot)

My mom may get her snow day! The alert ends around 2:00pm tomorrow, this is a storm where driving is discouraged and she has a 20-25 min commute in good weather, its direct highway, right into country roads.

Yea, damn wipers. Not going anywhere anyways. I love watching storms, hate everything about them except tobagganing and having horses pull us around on snowboards, heh.

Storm approaching, heavy rain expected through Sat.  they are evacuating a few cites, not near me These storms cause mudslides.  my work is close, fortunately.

San, I know you’re not in the US, don’t know if there’s a separate amazon, but I bought a windshield cover this past fall, it has magnets on top and bottom, so the wipers can be covered as well, and the brand I bought (starts with a c) is extra wide so the side edges can be tucked into the doors so the wind can’t blow it off. Right now is a good time to buy, they’re on sale! I haven’t had to scrape ice/snow all winter. 

Snow here is blowing sideways this morning, major winds will be around all day. Today’s trash day for some residents, the empty recycling bins blowing all over the streets are a bit hazardous. 

1 hour ago, Rabbit37 said:

Snow here is blowing sideways this morning, major winds will be around all day.

You are getting snow? Man, am I envious. All we got is rain, heavy rain. And very scary wind.

Such deep snow! I'm so happy! It's so beautiful!

The gulf stream is dying and without it the British Isles will have the climate of Finland.. Is it wrong to hope that this is the shape of things to come? Yes it is. It's very very wrong.... but on a personal level... I LOVE SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a bright sunny day today. The temperature was around 48 degrees F (9 C). 

Odd snow squalls depositing 1 inch or more with whiteout conditions followed by sunshine and the snow melts. Repeat several times.