CrazyBoards.org

water

whatever the weather

After days and days of cold rain, the sun just came out and the skies cleared.  It's beautiful outside!....and I just want to stay in.

Yes, I love winter, but...

c’mon, nearly spring. Snow in the forecast early next week, with lows in the mid 20’s. Enough is enough. Lowe’s has their display stands ready, with herb/tomato banners in place... depressingly empty though... I’m ready for dirt under my nails again. 

it's spring here! sunny and blustery. it was nice enough yesterday to bring my mom's bearded dragon out to get some sunshine!

In Boston, we've had two storms so far, one Nor'easter and the other a straight-up blizzard that dropped 18+" of snow and another storm next week.

Edited by zisforzyprexa
  • Like 1

@Rabbit37, Weather is still in winter mode here , too, with temps still in the 30's (Farenheit).......

Forecast says 3-6 inches snow tomorrow for us.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

We were supposed to only get an inch or two yesterday, before second storm arrived. Got 5”. Now they’re saying an additional 5-10” through tonight. 

Fridge and pantry stocked, gas fireplace works even if electricity goes out, and the guy I pay to shovel the horrendously long amount of sidewalk that I have has already checked in with me. Fuck it, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

my husky is having orgasms. Takes forever for potty breaks, he wants to keep leaping through the snow. 

Edited by Rabbit37
  • Like 1

Hahah.... I love your snowgasm dog.

We got about 1.5 inches of sleet/grapple/freezing rain/slush yesterday and expected to get 8-11 inches today. I'm glad I made soup and bread this weekend. If I'm feeling ambitious this afternoon I might make some cookies.

Today was sunny with a high of 50 F (10 C). Right now partly cloudy with a temperature of 36 F (2 C). A big snowstorm is slated to hit tomorrow.

too warm for snow here on the coast! it is raining right now, though. i love when i get to listen to the rain as i fall asleep.

Hoping for snow this weekend.

7 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Hoping for snow this weekend.

I’m the opposite!  I hope it blows over.

its currently colder than anticipated but not that awful wind that we had yesterday.

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

I’m the opposite!  I hope it blows over.

its currently colder than anticipated but not that awful wind that we had yesterday.

I want one more winter blast. I don't like spring and I hate summer so if I'm going to have to swelter in the summer, I want one more winter blast right now. So I say,

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Winter is only nice when you sit on the couch with hot drink in your hand and watch snow through the window, not when you have to go outside.

1 hour ago, Dr. Marshall said:

Winter is only nice when you sit on the couch with hot drink in your hand and watch snow through the window, not when you have to go outside.

Have you never taken a leisurely stroll in the snow? Have you never ridden a sled? Have you never gathered firewood on a cold winter's day? Or smelled the smoke of a wood burning stove? Have you never swept the snow of your sidewalk while singing a Christmas tune? Have you never skied or snow boarded?

If you've never done any of those things, then I feel sorry for you.

Contrary to your view, I find that often the people who absolutely love summer are the ones who live in an air conditioned house, drive an air conditioned car, and work in an air conditioned workplace.

3 hours ago, jt07 said:

I want one more winter blast. I don't like spring and I hate summer so if I'm going to have to swelter in the summer, I want one more winter blast right now.

you're just like my mum! she's hoping for one more cold snap, and i want sunshine. i work outside in the summer and love the heat!

@jt07 All the things that you mentioned you do occasionally, they're indeed very nice, but the reality is that most of the time you struggle with the winter weather in everyday life.

You're right about the air condition, most of the people do that, but I might be an exception here, I hate air conditioned places.

Anyway bc we probably live in the different continenets I have nothing to loose on wishing you snow! Just don't wish me back the same, please.