CrazyBoards.org

water

whatever the weather

Some others have been told it's "too late" to evacuate and to defend their homes.

Wow, that's bad. To my knowledge, that's never occurred in FL in recent history - and we're no strangers to fire.. even ones that block the interstate(s).

Guest Vapourware

Yes, it's usually very rare that people are told something like this. A snippet from a news report states:

It is too late to leave, you need to take shelter in your home and actively defend it.

You should take shelter inside furthest away from the fire front and make sure you can easily escape. It is best to shelter in a room with two exits and a water supply such as a kitchen or laundry.

You must seek shelter before the fire arrives as the very hot radiant heat will kill you well before the flames reach you. Protect yourself with long sleeves, long trousers and strong leather boots.

If your home catches on fire and the conditions inside become unbearable, you need to get out and go to an area that has already been burnt. Do not leave in a vehicle or on foot as this is deadly. Make contact with your family now to advise where you are.

The problem for firefighters is 65km/hr winds [or 40 miles/hr], so the fire is sweeping quickly across land. So far, 30 houses destroyed or damaged, 2,000 hectares burnt.

Do not leave in a vehicle or on foot as this is deadly.

Umm.. ok, then what exactly do you leave in? :blink:

Guest Vapourware

I think they mean, don't flee...just bad wording. Sometimes people see a fire coming and they try to run as far as they can from the flames, which is dangerous because they can get disorientated.

Or - maybe people are supposed to leave on rollerskates or something, heh.

Rain, rain and more rain in Ireland.

I guess I shouldn't complain as at least my country is not on fire and I would say some parts of Australia are praying for rain right now

Guest Vapourware

A nice 27C today in my part of Western Australia. 80F - something? I'm too lazy to convert. Nice bit of sun, blue skies and it's basically quite pleasant.

The south-west bushfire is now contained, but not controlled. Last report, it had burnt 2,800 hectares and the area has been declared a "natural disaster zone".

I saw yesterday that today where I am was supposed to be cold and sunny (my favourite weather) so I was happy about that. But instead it was dull and raining for some of the time. Not so good. :(

my house is freezing but it is supposedly going to be in the 60's F today. I was farther south for the holiday and it felt again like we were heading into spring. I have to rake the leaves. It always seems so silly because the next day they are back and most of them are NOT FROM MY trees. not fair.

Guest Vapourware

To think that recently, it was 37C here! Tonight, it's raining.

clear, dark, and starry. 47ºF crescent moon set a while ago. tomorrow there's a severe wind alert. i hate wind! makes me feel extra panicky and crazy. i was hoping to get things done, like shopping for veggies. crap.

Yesterday, on the way to therapy, there was a lot of rain. Today, however, it is dry and I am happy about that because I don't like the rain (unless I am indoors).

It's cold and windy. Winter has finally arrived. (I think)

My sister-in-law is visiting from Seattle. She is leaving in the morning so of course I checked the weather for her. I started hysterically laughing when I saw this. I have never ever seen a weather week like this before. I'm sure it is normal for seattle but it was the best laugh I had all day so I wanted to share.

Picture4-5.png

What is the difference between Patchy Fog and Areas of Fog? Which has more fog?

Guest Vapourware

Nice and sunny here, with a predicted high of 34C here.

It's officially summer now!

It's warm and muggy and rainy. I hate this weather. I am dripping from hot flashes and humidity. This is NOT winter.

It's not even really like spring. It's wringer or sprinter or wrummer. Whatever it is I wish mother nature would get her act together and find winter! It seems to be missing in my neck of the woods. *grumble grumble whine grumble drip whine......gruble*

sym_6h_c-ie_____-en-20111207180000-254685.jpg

Current Weather in my part of Ireland (North east) cold with showers of sleet and rain. Horrible miserable weather.

On Sunday and Monday there were snow showers and as I was driving to college on Tuesday I travel through one of the highest points in Ireland and everywhere was WHITE.

I love to look at snow and walk in it but HATE driving in it as we are not equipped in this country to deal with wintery conditions and the back roads which I mostly travel on to get to college are never cleared and I end up freaking out while trying to drive or else just stay at home. OK, Rant about winter weather over.........