CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
syntaxfree

TOS (split from New User Agreement)

The ToS are interesting, to say the least. I must confess they leave me a little lost -- I'm used to the more structured, evo-und-anecdote environment of Crazy Meds. I'm not sure what I'm looking for either; if I have to choose I pledge allegiance to Crazy Meds, but I've been hypergraphic enough that I'm constantly there trying to find an opportunity to have something, anything of importance to say, and often start typing out tangents and giving up posting them. Crazy Meds is always referring the annoying cluster Bs here, and while I have nothing of that, it struck me that this may be a place more tolerant of hypergraphic unstructured content.

Anyway, I'll probably lurk for a while until I get a hang of the culture. CM was much easier for me because there's a clear focus on treatment, structured anecdotes and hard evo, even if the actual culture isn't that spartan. At least I knew what was "on topic". Lurking it is; it's easier to procrastinate lurking anyway -- no commitment to composing long-winded philosophical treatises every time someone asks what's my favorite color.

Crazy Meds is always referring the annoying cluster Bs here, and while I have nothing of that, it struck me that this may be a place more tolerant of hypergraphic unstructured content.

Wow. That's classy.

Crazy Meds is always referring the annoying cluster Bs here, and while I have nothing of that, it struck me that this may be a place more tolerant of hypergraphic unstructured content.

CrazyMeds may have an ignorant and in my opinion quite offensive attitude towards "Cluster Bs" but thankfully, CrazyBoards does not. We Cluster B folks are not any better or any worse than anyone else with MI. Just different, like every flavour of crazy. Don't let me catch you making these kinds of statements here again.

Tryp (moderator)

Ummm.

Okay, this in earnest. No sarcasm. Please don't take what I said as an indicative of the policies of the Crazy Meds staff/moderators. They work very hard, and I don't speak for them. I'm a casual forum user there as much as here or on reddit. I don't speak for reddit, I don't speak for Crazy Meds.

Guest Vapourware

I think people are referring to your personal comments regarding those with 'Cluster B' traits, which IMO were pretty offensive. I suggest that you either come to terms with the concept that CB is accepting of all people with MI who want to recover from their issues, or leave. I for one will not tolerate anyone bashing another person's MI, or perpetuate stigmatising stereotypes. I also suggest you read more about 'Cluster B' traits. Perhaps that will remove your misconceptions.

Vapourware - admin (and guard goat).

I know. It's those comments I don't want to be associated with the staff and moderators of that other board.

All that I was saying is that my wild cannon statements shouldn't blemish the hard work they do. I don't like the idea that I damaged the other board's reputation with an off-hand remark. Again, I don't speak for reddit, and I don't speak for them. I speak for me, and I see how those comments may be perceived by the culture in this board. I'm also seeing a lot more compartimentalization between the forums, so it's possible that I can eke out a space without sparking flame wars.

f I have to choose I pledge allegiance to Crazy Meds, but I've been hypergraphic enough that I'm constantly there trying to find an opportunity to have something, anything of importance to say...

There you go...easy to decide where your loyalties rest.

Have a wonderful life, enjoy composing your philosophical treatises regarding preference of colour, and most of all understanding that speaking for yourself does not have to be either hypergraphic or offensive.

Indigo, just another CB loyalist.

Re: cluster B traits, and this is my personal experience and statement, the first mental health community I was online, before finally breaking down so hard I couldn't talk to people anymore, was bpd411, the borderline survivors list. As in, people who have had a relationship with a borderliner and were left shattered in small pieces. I try to have an intellectually open mind regarding everything, but I have a couple of very traumatic experiences.

There's another aspect to the "annoying cluster Bs" comment; too many cluster Bs receive a "bipolar" diagnoses and litter the space with announcements about trying a new antipsychotic every two weeks.

Anyway, yeah, I'm prejudiced, but I'll try to keep on my best behavior from this comment on.

There you go...easy to decide where your loyalties rest.

Christ, that was just to say I was coming here but not because I was tired of CM. Ugh.

The ToS are interesting, to say the least. I must confess they leave me a little lost -- I'm used to the more structured, evo-und-anecdote environment of Crazy Meds. I'm not sure what I'm looking for either; if I have to choose I pledge allegiance to Crazy Meds, but I've been hypergraphic enough that I'm constantly there trying to find an opportunity to have something, anything of importance to say, and often start typing out tangents and giving up posting them. Crazy Meds is always referring the annoying cluster Bs here, and while I have nothing of that, it struck me that this may be a place more tolerant of hypergraphic unstructured content.

Anyway, I'll probably lurk for a while until I get a hang of the culture. CM was much easier for me because there's a clear focus on treatment, structured anecdotes and hard evo, even if the actual culture isn't that spartan. At least I knew what was "on topic". Lurking it is; it's easier to procrastinate lurking anyway -- no commitment to composing long-winded philosophical treatises every time someone asks what's my favorite color.

I know. It's those comments I don't want to be associated with the staff and moderators of that other board.

All that I was saying is that my wild cannon statements shouldn't blemish the hard work they do. I don't like the idea that I damaged the other board's reputation with an off-hand remark. Again, I don't speak for reddit, and I don't speak for them. I speak for me, and I see how those comments may be perceived by the culture in this board. I'm also seeing a lot more compartimentalization between the forums, so it's possible that I can eke out a space without sparking flame wars.

Your signature:

USAGE NOTES: Strong and weak magic are NOT equivalent to more and less potent. Magic is inversely proportional to a rough estimate of NNT. Magic is an informal measure of informal knowledge about how often a med works for something. Other common shorthands are strong/weak specs for statistical specificity,ddx for differential diagnosis (watch a first season (it devolves into soap opera after that) House MD episode for this), evo for favorable evidence published in reputable vehicles and WMG for wild mass guessing in a thread. This is my usage, others may use these words with different meanings. I find that building a personal lingo is not only useful for abbreviation purposes, but also makes evident a personal way of thinking about things. Please note also that this lingo/usage was evolved and honed at Crazy Meds, a much more scientific-oriented board, and is subject to gradual drifting and changing at Crazy Boards.

I have to admit, you are making me wonder just why involving yourself in Crazyboards would be to your advantage. It doesn't seem like you actually feel it would be.

You are actually pretty confusing, for me anyway.

Maybe you could clarify?

Edited by LunaRufina
Clarification... on, um, clarification :)

Guest Vapourware

I don't think you quite understand that you caused offence with your statements. I wonder how you would feel if someone made similar comments about people with BP, for instance. Hiding behind the names of other websites is not an excuse nor justification, and in the light of this discussion, it is quite frankly irrelevant.

The fact that you felt compelled to call people with 'Cluster B' traits 'annoying' is the pertinent issue here, for me. You using Crazymeds as a shield is not good enough. As a staff member of a site that contains people with all kinds of MI, I will not tolerate those sorts of remarks.

I personally have nothing against Crazymeds and I generally don't really care about their attitudes to whatever. Different site, different rules.

I have bipolar and cluster B traits. I don't want or need someone like you around with your ill formed prejudices about me and where I am welcome to post. I am a very hard working individual who has undergone years of brave and intensive therapy, I'm in a very healthy and happy relationship with a man who I know I make happy. I'm nothing like the trainwrecks you might have seen before or are talking about now.

This is my safe place to talk about both my diagnoses in peace and in a place where I will be understood and supported. I don't think you'll fit here and I'd like you to fuck off, you prejudiced and small minded person.

Your signature:

USAGE NOTES: Strong and weak magic are NOT equivalent to more and less potent. Magic is inversely proportional to a rough estimate of NNT. Magic is an informal measure of informal knowledge about how often a med works for something. Other common shorthands are strong/weak specs for statistical specificity,ddx for differential diagnosis (watch a first season (it devolves into soap opera after that) House MD episode for this), evo for favorable evidence published in reputable vehicles and WMG for wild mass guessing in a thread. This is my usage, others may use these words with different meanings. I find that building a personal lingo is not only useful for abbreviation purposes, but also makes evident a personal way of thinking about things. Please note also that this lingo/usage was evolved and honed at Crazy Meds, a much more scientific-oriented board, and is subject to gradual drifting and changing at Crazy Boards.

I have to admit, you are making me wonder just why involving yourself in Crazyboards would be to your advantage. It doesn't seem like you actually feel it would be.

Maybe you could clarify?

Thank you Luna, I was beginning to suspect that I was the only one confused by the OP's "hypergraphia". It is nice to know that I am in good company.

Christ, that was just to say I was coming here but not because I was tired of CM. Ugh.

Ugh, indeed. I do not think that Christ hangs around here.

What you seemed to have meant and what you actually said are not necessarily compatible...

Emphasis added. Your prejudices are apparent.

ETA: thanks for splitting this topic.

Edited by Indigo 'n dye

this may be a place more tolerant of hypergraphic unstructured content.

Though of course I find the "annoying Cluster B" comment offensive, this hit a sour note with me as well. You are seeming to indicate that people in the CB community blather on about nothing. That may not have been your intent, but coupled with the rest, it comes off as offensive. (Before you dismiss me as responding through the lens of my "annoying Cluster B" Dx, please note that I have worked long and hard to conquer that aspect of my personality, and have overall been quite successful. Though it was beaten into me by my rageful father and early onset bipolar disorder, I act now with awareness of the possibility of being overly sensitive, etc.)

CM was much easier for me because there's a clear focus on treatment

You obviously have not spent enough time at CB, because there is a clear focus on treatment. That is what the entire site is about. It suffuses nearly every post here.

There's another aspect to the "annoying cluster Bs" comment; too many cluster Bs receive a "bipolar" diagnoses and litter the space with announcements about trying a new antipsychotic every two weeks.

What could you possibly base this statement on? You seem to enjoy hard evidence- hand it over.

Do you want people to tell you to fuck off? Considering how awful it is to live with bipolar disorder, I don't think even the most ill people with personality disorders are going to want that Dx. As for trying new medications constantly, that can happen to anyone, regardless of whether there is a personality disorder involved. I do not have borderline personality disorder, but have a glaringly obvious case of bipolar disorder 1. My system rejects most medications for one reason or another (actually life threatening reactions, not just a little nausea or what have you), and I have had to go through one and another after another to attempt stability. It doesn't matter much to me that you believe me, but you should know that dismissing peoples struggles based on your prejudice just makes other people view you as a dick.

Anyway, yeah, I'm prejudiced, but I'll try to keep on my best behavior from this comment on.

Simply acknowledging that you are prejudiced does not give you carte blanche to give voice to your prejudice in such an insulting manner. If I were to find pompous asses with bipolar disorder annoying (I do), would you like me to refer to that in an introductory post?

Also, I wonder, just how sure are you of your bipolar disorder Dx? Perhaps you yourself are an "annoying Cluster B"? It might explain your inflammatory comments and lack of insight, if you aren't being treated properly for your true illness.

It is our space to "litter". What a rude comment.

Maybe you could clarify?

I'd like to hear your clarification as well.

Good God. You just get more and more offensive every time I turn around.

Look, yes, sometimes people with BPD do annoying shit. And sometimes people with Bipolar do annoying shit. And people with Depression. And people with GAD. And people with no mental illness at all. All of those people do annoying things and some of them hurt their partners and don't function well in relationships. That's not the illness, that's the person. There is nothing WRONG with people with BPD. We're not freaks or monsters. You don't have to like everyone with BPD any more than you have to like every person on this earth, but you need to recognize that it's about the person and not the BPD.

You clearly don't understand BPD at all. And you clearly don't want to try. At this point, you just need to apologize and stop trying to justify yourself.

And this is not even TOUCHING the fact that you basically came here to dump on us while telling us all how much better CM is. That is so wrong on so many levels that I don't even know where to start with you. If you want to be here, you're going to have to start following our rules and trying to be a part of the community in a constructive way.

What is a "cluster B," annoying or otherwise.

Still stupid after all of these years.

What is a "cluster B," annoying or otherwise.

Still stupid after all of these years.

Cluster B is a subgrouping of the Axis 2 personality disorders. It includes Borderline Personality Disorder, Antisocial PD, Histrionic PD and Narcissistic PD.

I love this:

Please note also that this lingo/usage was evolved and honed at Crazy Meds, a much more scientific-oriented board, and is subject to gradual drifting and changing at Crazy Boards.

Oh, really? Well, read some of the forums, pal. You'll find out that if people make unsubstantiated claims for meds, treatments, or the various therapy options, everyone is on them like white on rice. " Can you find some citations supporting that claim?" "Has there been any peer-reviewed study?" "Can you show us something from PubMed?"

Many of us have respect for the people at CM, and some of us go there from time to time to look up information. However, if you would take the time to look Crazyboards over, you will find that we respect and expect science to be at the forefront when discussing meds and alternative treatments. And in addition to our interest in science, we want CB to be a friendly place. You can have a blog here. You can tell jokes here. You can discuss religion here. Crazy people aren't just about their meds and treatments. We see all of our members as complete people, and their MI issues are only a part of what they are about.

We don't like arrogant pissants, so don't act like one or you're out of here.

olga