CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
netsavy006

When is your anxiety worse?

I've noticed that over the course of time and symptom monitoring, I've realized that my anxiety / panic is worse at night than during the daytime.

What about you? When is you find that your anxiety is worse?

I find it's worse for me in the morning. I am in the process of giving up coffee to see if that's the reason. *Sigh* For some reason, I am much calmer generally at night.

My anxiety doesn't follow a daily pattern. It gets worse whenever it is triggered. Day to day triggers include being late for something, seeing people who look like past 'enemies', being too close to other people, thought broadcasting, and probably a few more. All of these are things that can happen at any time of day.

Though over the course of the year, my anxiety peaks in December because Christmas is a trigger.

When I dwell on it. The more I fret about being anxious and uncomfortable the more anxious I become, just like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I expect to be anxious: I am.

I'd have to agree that it's worse when it's triggered. I do have a lot of free-floating anxiety, but I can't say that it's particularly WORSE at any time. It seems to be completely random, unless it's triggered.

Mine is definitely worse in the afternoon. It kind of builds up as the day go on. But I am able to relax in the evening and at night (usually).

My anxiety is worse at night. I also think just being in my apartment alone creates anxiety for me. I feel better when I'm with my boyfriend or a friend, talking to someone. When I'm alone I start thinking about depressing, weird things.

During the day I experience sporadic triggers, but I'm mostly "normal"

I reckon that about 90% of my anxiety is anticipatory anxiety. The rest is triggered arbitrarily. Due to the fact that most of the anxiety is because of stressors that I know are going to happen, e.g. certain social situations, most of my anxiety occurs in the morning before those events.

So, yeah, morning or mid-day for me.

Mine is worse in the afternoon unless if something random triggered it, usually socially related because god I am just so awkward in public! I long to make more friendships but feel unable to do it... Luckily I already have some great friends, but still, would like to branch out.

When I start cycling about relationship issues and it all turns darker and darker. If I'm with people it rarely happens without a serious trigger *Like a conversation about how others deal with divorce and still regularly attend "family" activities. SIGH....

If I take a PRN, it is usually sometime after 5pm. I don't do it every day, but that is roughly the time, it is like my threshold has been lowered, maybe my blood level is low at that point.

Mine is usually worse in the mornings, tends to taper in the afternoon but is also triggered by situations: having to drive somewhere new, talking to ex, having to be around strangers etc.

My anxiety unless triggered hits me in the morning and tapers in the afternoon unless I take a prn for brunch and then I'm clear until bedtime but if I have a early morning appointment I will take a prn before the panic sets in because it's going to people are my worst trigger

Mine is definately worse in the morning. I'm wondering if the pattern I see here (with some members generally being worse at identifiable points in time & others being worse upon being triggered) has anything to do with whether or not you have generalized anxiety going on. Seems that way. My anxiety is generalized - my mornings are ridiculous. I just laugh about it any more, because, idk, it just seems so silly to me as I walk around gagging while I get ready in the morning. I guess I have an odd sense of humor - lol. Don't get me wrong - I also have my triggers that can worsen my anxiety whenever they pop up - but I pretty much always have mornings filled with anxiety for, no reason at all really...

While driving. I try to avoid it.

Also, during the late afternoon. Right before sunset. And again, for an hour or two late at night (the time varies)

I've noticed that over the course of time and symptom monitoring, I've realized that my anxiety / panic is worse at night than during the daytime.

Me too. As the day progresses, the sun sets, the dark creeps in, so does my anxiety and depression.