CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

FREE Natural Language Processing Course

http://www.nlp-class.org/

This class is being offered though Stanford University. It's totally free to take.

I figured there might be a few people here who might be interested in this. I'd definitely take it, but it looks like you need some Java or Python background, and I have none of that.

If you do wind up taking it, let me know. I wanna know how it goes.

Course Description

The course covers a broad range of topics in natural language processing, including word and sentence tokenization, text classification and sentiment analysis, spelling correction, information extraction, parsing, meaning extraction, and question answering, We will also introduce the underlying theory from probability, statistics, and machine learning that are crucial for the field, and cover fundamental algorithms like n-gram language modeling, naive bayes and maxent classifiers, sequence models like Hidden Markov Models, probabilistic dependency and constituent parsing, and vector-space models of meaning.

What Background Do I Need?

No background in natural language processing is required. Students will be expected to know a bit of basic probability (know Bayes rule), a bit about vectors and vector spaces (could length normalize a vector), a bit of calculus (know that the derivative of a function is zero at a maximum or minimum of a function), but we will review these concepts as we first use them. You should have reasonable programming ability (know about hash tables and graph data structures), be able to write programs in Java or Python, and have a computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) with internet access.

OK, for a second I confused and thought you were pushing neroro-linguistic programming and was about to come out swinging.

I'd be lying if I said I knew what you were talking about.

oh, well that's certainly a goofy thing. it's also a confusing thing because Neurolinguistics is a thing, too...a legitimate thing.