CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Headaches everyday.

Well, everyday I get headache, or most of the days I do. It generally happens in school. I dont know if they're are migraines or headaches, they both hurt like fuck. Once every month or so I'll get what I know are migraines and they start with splotches in my eye then those go away and I get a terrible migraine.

You aren't really asking a question, so I'll give you some advice: go see a neurologist. They are trained to help headache and migraine sufferers. Good luck.

Sorry, I think I posted the topic without finishing, I meant to say, anyone have any Idea what's going. It's been happening for a long time. but thanks.

I second a trip to a neurologist.. You will be able to get some answers hopefully, and maybe get started on a med to keep the headaches at bay... Good luck!

The doctors (gp, pdoc, ndoc) never found a cause for my continous 9 month headache, then it just went away.

Hi there sorry you have been getting really bad headaches. You should maybe go and get your eyes tested, because that could be the root of the problem. Or like the other said go and see a neurologist. :) Hope you get relief of your headaches soon! :)

If it only happens in school there could be several different reasons: the lighting, the amount of sleep you get on those particular days, your eating pattern on those days, the amount of stress you experience. You could possibly be sensitive to chemicals that are present at the school.

Regardless, like everyone has said, explore this with a neurologist. Until you actually go to the appointment, I highly recommend creating and keeping a headache journal/log. Include the date/time/duration/anything you think may have triggered it. If you suspect food to have some sort of effect, include what you are eating as well as sleep, significantly stressful events during the day, medications, and a way to include symptoms, duration of the headache, and intensity/pain level. I know it sounds like a lot but something like this can really be invaluable to your doctor and you as a way of narrowing down what's going on.

In the evenings before tiredness strikes, tone down the brightness of your computer screen. It's helped me a lot.

I suggest you see your doctor, get him to check your eyes. Ask for a prescription for a short-term med, see if it helps. Consulting an Optometrist is your other option.

If it only happens in school there could be several different reasons: the lighting, the amount of sleep you get on those particular days, your eating pattern on those days, the amount of stress you experience. You could possibly be sensitive to chemicals that are present at the school.

Regardless, like everyone has said, explore this with a neurologist. Until you actually go to the appointment, I highly recommend creating and keeping a headache journal/log. Include the date/time/duration/anything you think may have triggered it. If you suspect food to have some sort of effect, include what you are eating as well as sleep, significantly stressful events during the day, medications, and a way to include symptoms, duration of the headache, and intensity/pain level. I know it sounds like a lot but something like this can really be invaluable to your doctor and you as a way of narrowing down what's going on.

Thanks I will start trying to keep one. That is a wonderful Idea and I appreciate all the input. It isn't from my eyes, they don't just happen in school, but it's mostly in school.

Neurologist says they can't find the reason for my headaches... longest lasted 3 months with NO relief - I tried all sorts of combinations of pain relief, migraine medications and nothing helped at all!

Luckily I haven't had such a severe or long lasting one since I think 2 weeks is my maximum length of late. I have had CT scan, MRI, blood tests you name it - All I want is relief!

In the evenings before tiredness strikes, tone down the brightness of your computer screen. It's helped me a lot.

I suggest you see your doctor, get him to check your eyes. Ask for a prescription for a short-term med, see if it helps. Consulting an Optometrist is your other option.

I know this is a late response, but I didn't see it before. Someone on CBs pointed me to the f.lux app, which gradually darkens your computer screen as the evening progresses. I honestly think it helps me wind down earlier in the evening than I used to. When I got my new computer, adding this app was one of the first things I did: http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I also battle headaches everyday. Most days I can catch it in time and it wont turn into a migraine but some days no matter what I take I'm getting a migraine. There's not much you can do but see a neurologist and identify your triggers. I've been told there is no explanation why this happens to me so it's all about trying to manage and avoid my known triggers if it's possible.