I'm trying to help my son it's not me taking the Saphrsis.. today he will begin taking 5mg three times a day. Eventually the doctor hopes to have him on 20 mg. 5 - 5 - 10. He's been weaning off of a high dose of Zyprexa, he had been taking 40-60 mg a day. He will continue his 10mg of Zyprexa with his mid-day dose of Saphrisis.

Thanks, Faith n Hope

Had to stop the three doses. After noon doses caused racing thoughts...

Now taking:

Saphris 5 mg morning 10 mg night - just started with 10 tonight

Zyprexa 10 mg afternoon

Trileptal 900 morning - 600 afternoon - 900 night

Artane 2 mg morning afternoon and night

Benydryl 50 mg morning - 25 afternoon - 25 night

Lovaza 2 GM morning - 2 GM night

Vitamin E 800 mg daily

Prilosec

Saphris has a 24 hour halflife, you shouldn't need three doses. I moved to all at night and didn't bother with the morning dose as it was sedating me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new member, so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot....

I just started taking Saphris last week for bipolar. I'm currently on:

Lamictal 200 mg - morning

Klonopin (lowest dose) - 1/2 in morning, 1/2 at night

Zoloft (being weened off while starting Viibryd) morning

Viibryd - just started last week - morning

Saphris - 1 tab at night

The Saphris I'm not sure about. I was getting really dizzy and lightheaded (feeling just "odd" and "foggy") but thought that could be due to my weening off of Zoloft (when I don't take that I feel that way).

Taking Saphris has definitely helped my insomnia so far (too soon to tell about the bipolar...however I do notice I'm a bit more manic. But with the dizziness everyday I decided Friday night to not take it (I wanted to stay up late). Today I didn't feel as weird. However, I'm wide awake at 5:33 a.m.

I'm just wondering how long it took some of you to get used to the Saprhis and if the dizziness, lightheaded feeling, and kind the slight nausea goes away.

I don't want to stop taking it, but at the same time I don't want to feel weird all day, and reallllly sluggish in the a.m. (off balance etc...)

Archived