How long did your SSRI to kick in?

By that I mean the point where you knew that the meds were definitely working.

As far as I am concerned:

Prozac - just over two weeks

Zoloft - day 7

Paxil - Can't remember exactly.  We'll say that it calmed my anxiety in about a week.

Just curious ;)

I was on Effexor as well.  It didn't do much.

I respond very quickly to ssris, my system is sensitive to them.  I started feeling the anxiolitic effects of celexa on day 2.  However, it took 2 weeks for the full antidepressant effect to kick in and for side effects to subside.

PBF

Celexa broke through the depression somewhere in the third week. Spectacularly.

Effexor was a slow, near imperceivable, progression. I was getting the full effect around six weeks.

In both those cases, anxiety was quicker to respond than depression.

Wellbutrin (I know, NOT an SSRI, but an AD nevertheless) kicked in fast. I had noticably more energy the first week, and everything got progressively better from there.

Lexapro never did work worth a damn.

Greeny

Celexa, my first SSRI, was the most interesting - the first day was like I was on speed. Then it took about 2 weeks or so to break through the depression.

Lexapro...well, it never really worked.

Wellbutrin didn't work either.

Prozac took about a month.

Guest crazyape

I was on 5mg of Lexapro for about 2 weeks, then began alternating 5mg with 10mg. I've been doing that for about a week now.  I could tell after about 10 days that the Lexapro was helping to reduce my general anxiety, but I still experienced panic sensations every now and again.  I have Panic Disorder, by the way.  I do seem to be able to get over my panic more quickly now that I'm on the meds, and I also noticed that the Ativan my pdoc prescribed to use "as needed" works a lot better since I've been on the Lexapro. 

Archived