blog 'previews' visible from profile, but blog itself private or friends-only?

Curious about this: I am looking at someone's profile, and click on the "blog" link on the left side of screen under the user picture, where it lists

Overview

Profile feed

Friends

Topics

Blog

Gallery

and then I can see previews of their blog posts, but when I click on links to their full blog or to "read full entry", I get "you are not authorised to view this page".

So, in essence, I can see the first few sentences of recent entries, but not the blog itself (I am not 'friends' with this blog user, just using it as an example). Is this how it is supposed to be? Put another way, if I were to set my own blog to "friends only", would all CB users who clicked on the "Blog" link on the left-side listing of my profile be able to see the same thing, i.e. the first few lines of my most recent entries?

I think those must be private blogs that you aren't getting into. Go to my profile and see if you can get into my blog, because it's public. If you can't, then there must be a glitch we have to work on.

olga

Yep, I just got into your blog fine, curse your lovely dinner! :P I'm hungry again now!

OK, I just set my blog to "friends only". Can you still see the first lines of my recent entries on my profile page?

Okay, you're all cozy and private now. Here's a tip if you want your blog to be VERY private. When you start an entry, tab down several spaces before you start writing. That way, only blank space will show up as previews on your profile page. Particularly if you're posting a photo or saying something really private, that's the way to keep it private.

Food food food! Today my blog will be cats & dogs. :)

olga

Archived