CrazyBoards.org

Augh. Did not walk today. I was just about to leave to walk and my daughter was collapsing in a heap of upsetness after school, which felt so draggy, and then she told me I should just drive and *poof* my last bit of resolve dissolved. It is horribly windy and cold today, and I just don't have the wherewithall to get outside. Tomorrow. After working. Yes. In the rain that is predicted.

Maybe this will finally push me to go back to the gym. 20 minutes on an elliptical just isn't that hard.

Good for you, Mal!

I'm realizing I need to get my time in earlier in the day. There's less chance to get interrupted if I do it first, second, or third thing instead of leaving it til later.

25 min walk at dog park.

Woo isn't Nugget super well trained? Could you ride in an off-leash park and train her to run alongside you?

It's a good thought.

She's well trained, but does't have great off leash recall.

And no bikes in off-leash areas.

ETA: Its a trade off. I'm mostly ok with it. Especially since there's nothing remotely flat in Seattle! :)

I just miss it sometimes.

Edited by Wooster

Doing your walk early is a great idea. I have trouble scheduling it every day unless I decide in the morning (or the night before) when it will be. Anyway, I'm trying to keep up. I walked half an hour the day I arrived here---beaches are great for that.

Yesterday, I swam in the ocean twice and tried to do it long enough to get really winded. Today I took a walk in the morning with my friend, going up the beach. However, walking barefoot is hurting my feet, so I need to start wearing shoes when I do it.

Anyway, keep up the good work, gang! I'll think about you when I'm floating in the ocean.

olga

I am so psyched to hear how well everyone is doing! :D

Today I walked a round trip to a store that took about twenty minutes. It was really hard and wonderful being outside because everything is bright and shiny and beautiful and part of me.

gonna pack a bag to take to the pool regularly.

YES! This is a really smart way to reduce barriers to getting out the door.

Speaking of which, I have time... why don't I go do some water aerobics today?

I should look for water aerobics around here. I know there are some senior classes... Hmm.

Today I went for a walk with my youngest smiglet (he rode his bike, which made me keep my pace up). We stopped at a park and played on swings. He climbed a tree while I got lost in the sky. This mania is really pulling me along... At least the energy bit came to good use. The inability to really understand what is going on around me, the hallucinations, the terrible raging in my chest... those can take a hike. I'm going to figure out a way to keep the energy and lose the rest. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you're on track dedoubt - except for the mental baggage - sorry Ihave no suggestions there, but the exercise is good :)

Since I've seen this thread, I've been walking my fat beagles once per day. I'm pretty happy with that. Took Olga's advice - walked 15 mins one direction, then turned around. :)

Edited by Bernard

I took my own advice yesterday and walked up the beach for 15 minutes, and then turned around. I wore my walking shoes and walked on the firm part of the sand, so it was great.

Keep going, everyone---you're all doing great. Remember, a little bit every day. NO marathons! (Not yet, anyway. :) )

olga

Go team us!

I'm impressed with what we are doing, even when its hard, sore, sweaty, and manic.

Yesterday 50 min walk to work. Today I got up at 6:30 and walked with Nugget for 50 minutes before I rush off for work.

I took a Zumba class this morning...ugh...I did *not* feel like going, but I shoved myself out the door and went. I'm glad I did. One thing I like about Zumba is that I can modify the moves to match my meager abilities. Most of the women in my class don't do quite what the instructor does--she's very hyper and fit and the rest of us are...not so much. When my legs start burning or I feel too tired, I push myself, but only so far...when I know it's getting too hard, I modify the motions and do a little less of a workout than the instructor. She says the important thing is that we keep moving. And I do! Just not always like I'm supposed to. But when class today was over, I felt really good. Completely exhausted, but good. Just gotta get out there and *do* it...