CrazyBoards.org

Ah... a third possibility of fencing I hadn't even considered. I've turned into such a city kid! :)

According to my food/exercise log, 2 hours of chopping vegetables burned 374 calories for me.

50 minute walk this morning.

I'm back doing my daily walks. We did an easy one today because my toe is still sore, but it was a half hour of steady walking. I also spent an hour and a half weeding my hillside garden and hacking down weeds.

olga

I walked the half-hour path at the town park through strong winds and heavy rain. I only did it because I walk with a woman who is on Weight Watchers, and today is her day to weigh in. She NEVER wants to cancel our walk on Tuesdays! :lol: Finley and I got soaked, but that's okay.

olga

This is a cool thread. I've been ignoring it because I haven't wanted to be reminded how much I'm not doing. I did nothing today except housework. I laid around a lot staring at walls. :(

Teddy-- welcome to the thread! It's really great for having a place to be accountable, without any judgement at all (except for perhaps from yourself). Even if you just walk around the block, it is something, and it can be built on. I know you feel like crap now, but you will feel better, and being active will help you get better sooner. And hey, doing housework is a lot more than I do when I'm depressed.

I walked the half-hour path at the town park through strong winds and heavy rain.

Girl and I almost ended up in the same situation, but somehow the rain held off. We *like* walking in the rain, so we were a little disappointed. Though I am glad my embroidery didn't get wet. Anyway, we walked almost 3 miles today.

I HATE getting wet, probably because I'm sweaty and wet most of the time from May to September.

Teddy, housework counts! Any time you're moving around instead of sitting, it's a good thing. As dedoubt said, maybe you could try a 5-or10-minute walk tomorrow. The next day, add half a block. When I started walking, I could only go about 15 minutes and I started to feel winded. (I have the beginnings of COPD) I know a short walk doesn't feel like exercise, but it is.

Welcome to the sweaty CB group!

olga

I walked for 50 minutes. My aching feet. I should get a pedometer so I could figure out the distance.

olga

Olga, I hope your toe feels better! You didn't break it did you?

I forgot to post yesterday, but I swear that I'm allergic to cardio workouts because now I'm sick. Actually, I'm more sure that I caught the bug at work and wonder if the intensity of my workout created the opportunity for the bug to take hold...or it was coincidence that I began to have flu-ish sinus symptoms shortly after the workout. Anyways, I did about an hour of Cardio Circuit training today. I have the Insanity Workouts and I decided to start them again yesterday. Today's workout was called "Cardio Power and Resistance". I didn't push myself too hard since I know I should probably be resting.

Proxy wolf i have the insanity work out too! They are crazy hard! Ive started the program three times and havent made the 60 days yet. But i shall someday.

If you picked up a bug on top of that workout its no wonder you feel punk. :(

I walked for four hours today! (At a fair.) (Where I ate fries, chicken fingers, fried dough, fudge and cotton candy.) (And now I'm eating cheese. Just want to make sure to counteract the good the walking did.)

:D

I commend you for your sense of balance, dedoubt!

I snuck in a 45 minute walk by going to work early this morning.

Also, I'd like to know if "chasing my tail" at work (hard to get anything accomplished) burns calories. ;)

Also, I'd like to know if "chasing my tail" at work (hard to get anything accomplished) burns calories. ;)

As long as you are literally spinning in circles chasing your (non-existent?) tail, you are definitely burning calories...