Can't respond to certain blogs

If a blog is "out in the open" for everyone to read, I assumed it would be OK to leave a comment.

But many times in the past weeks, I have tried to do just that but I get the message "You do not have permission for the action....." (or something similar). On some blogs, it's fine. On other's it is not. Do I need to get permission from the blog writer?

I know there are private blogs but this seems like something different.

For example (and I hope she does not mind my using her as an example) I just tried to leave a relatively short post on Olga's latest blog entry. I'm relatively new to CB (3-4 months officially -- lurked for ages before that) and am making an effort to post more on the forums and on blogs since I really want to get to know people a little better. And vice-versa.

I also notice that it seems to matter if the response to a blog is a short comment (those seem to go through) or a longer comment

(- - - even if it doesn't seem that long to me, maybe it is exceeding a length limit on blog comments-----) I do tend to talk a lot both IRL and elsewhere!

HELP?

It seems like a random thing, although shorter vs. longer comment on blogs is a clue.

I think there have been some problems of this sort recently. I think it is possible to set up a blog as "no comments allowed" or that the blog owner approves comments. I don't think Olga's blog is one of these, so I'm not sure why your comments wouldn't work. It is good that you posted this so that the techies can have a look at it.

Getting more actively involved here is a great way to make friends. Look forward to seeing your posts.

The blog software isn't the best and there is all kinds of random weirdness. I've own the domain www.crazyblogs.org and have considered setting up a stand alone blog hosting service for CB users, but it wouldn't be tied to the boards in any way and there would be nothing to link identities on that to accounts here.

Also, given the results of this last fund raiser I'm less than enthusiastic about sinking a big chunk of time into another CB project.

My blog doesn't require approval for comments, and I don't think I have ever deleted one, so try again, Flameless. I think short ones are more troublesome for the software, and sometimes links in the comments screw things up. I have put photos in comments and written BOOKS in comments, and they were all posted. All I can suggest is to try again!

olga

Archived