CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
ManWitPlan

Ever run naked when psychotic or manic?

I think the closest I have come to doing it might have been when I was in the hospital and I was trying to take a shower and had some kind of panic attack in the shower and came running out. That said I'm not 100% sure if I had already removed my clothes to shower or ran out in jeans.

Also on a side note why do people when manic/psychotic start taking off clothes? Cause when I was in the hospital last year I was getting a shot of ativan and kept saying "I know I know" while trying to take off my jeans to get the shot in the butt but it seems like I had something else in mind than just a shot.

Edited by ManWitPlan

I don't know, but when I was in the hospital, this guy was having religious delusions, and we were told to stay in one room because they had to restrain him, but first he had gotten down to just his boxers, and then totally naked. The staff was kind enough to hold a blanket over him when he was naked. I liked that they cared about his shame lol.

i used to go skinny dipping when i was younger with mates in the middle of the day on the beach

bit o substance abuse involved there too back in the day

When I was manic I remember walking almost drunkenly around my neighborhood gazing at the bright, bright colors. Clothes were the last thing on my mind at the time. But I have seen a manic patient in the hospital try to take her clothing off.

Manic people getting undressed is fairly common, I'm not sure why.

During a somewhat-dysphoric manic episode I stripped off and went swimming in the sea (in February, in the UK) then got lost and sat on the clifftop naked and wet until I nearly got hypothermia. It's probably best that I stay away from the sea for a while.

I think it's a disinhibition thing?

I agree with the disinhibition idea. I've been known to wear very little clothing whilst manic-- not in a sexual way, but just because it *felt so good* to be nearly naked (this is while still holding on to reality enough to know that I was expected to wear clothes). Maybe the people that strip naked are feeling too contrained by the clothes. Add that to the lack of inhibition, and you have a nakey person.

I never actually got naked whilst manic but I remember last year when I was in the hospital, walking out of the shower, with only a towel wrapped around me and wandering around the ward where there was both male and females, singing to myself, totally oblivious to my surroundings and very confused when one of the nurses ushered me into the bedroom to get dressed. I don't think I copped that I had done anything unusual until after I came out of that episode and thought back to things I had done, and squirmed!!

Although I don't think I've ever ran through our neighborhood nakie.....According to Hubs (had to check with him first about this cuz I don't ever notice), I do tend to enjoy less clothing when manic. According to him (and thinking about it, it's true) I do tend to walk through the house without a care in the world in a towel, or just my panties and bra. I know I really like to just sit in a t-shirt and my undies....but that's all the time, not just when I'm manic.

ETA: At the same time though, no matter what state I'm in, I like to wear hooded sweatshirts. It could be 100 degrees outside and I'll take my hoodie with me. Being in public places, I feel less exposed when I have my hoodie on.

Edited by Smurfkette

apparently during my last psychotic state that ended me in the hospital [late january], i kept flinging the back door open and trying to run outside without clothes on. my boyfriend stopped me. we live in an apartment complex; it would have been horrendous. i don't remember that part of my "episode" at all. i was informed of it after i got out of hospital.

hmmm....I agree with the disinhibition thing...and that when your senses are heightened, it just feels better/more free wearing less clothes.

I don't think I've done a full on nudie run per se, but have had plenty of hypomanic periods, along with hypersexual behaviour, involving various states of nudity including where I did a mass nude photoshoot at a nudists club then hung out with all the nudists afterwards (that was actually quite fun) and although I've deleted them all now, there were plenty of naked/graphic photos that I used to put on kink websites, and most likely a few graphic videos around too. Sigh...hopefully they never come back to haunt me lol

I also like to walk around naked or just in underwear when I'm home alone...though unlikely to do that when severely depressed.

Umm...went out to bathe in the moonlight on a towel so the rays could soak through my skin. Didn't run off, because it hurts to walk barefoot on gravel. Thought about going into town, but maybe in a sheet, kind of shy. Still I'm not sure whether I did this for the stated reasons or to impress the people I hid it from (I am pretty sure that I never told the doctor) or maybe to impress myself. And if you still care about hurting your feet, how far gone are you?

I wonder if I got the idea from a patient I was in with once who would take off her clothes when she got angry, although mine was not an angry thing.

I also remember walking around shoeless on the cool, smooth tile outside the doctor's office, because it felt so good. He was there, though, so I probably really did do it for the attention. It felt very good, though.

Now that I have good (and fattening) meds and am trying harder to spare my family, I hope and believe I won't do it again.

I've never ran naked outside my house, but I've definitely been inappropriately free with a lack of clothes around my house when manic. I hast don't care to put on clothes, ESP at night. Since my son is 14, I think this is not a good thing. He shouldn't be exposed to his nekkid mother around the house, how embarrassing for him!