CrazyBoards.org

REQUIRED READING - RELOADED (International Edition!)

Lo many moons ago I pinned a topic here with links to an internet site that posted only good news, unlike other news outlets that will remain nameless but whose call letters resemble CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, FOX, CBC - even the BBC and NPR.

But this is the <angel chorus>Internet</angel chorus> and links decay, plus, news happens everywhere and our crazy members come from all over the freakin' planet. Therefore, I'm rebooting this topic with fresh links and new pages as a tonic for global crazy. My criteria for inclusion:

1. The site features only Good News. No downers, no bummers, no gloom.

2. The Good News is secular and broad-based, not "The Good News" in the religious sense, Christian or otherwise.

3. It isn't actually a sales pitch in disguise.

4. It lifted my mood, which needs lifting like the Hindenburg needed lifting. (Oh, the humanity...)

If you feel like crap, read them. Go. What part of 'Required' do you not understand?' Think of them as part of your meds and just swallow. Don't argue with me - I'm not in the proper frame of mind. GO! READ! As in NOW.

Here's the list:

The Good News Network The original post.

The Great News Network What makes this news great and the other only good, I leave to you.

Happy News Self-explanatory.

Positive News UK I looked for individual sites for England, Wales and Scotland, but apparently it wasn't cricket.

Good News Ireland! The Irish have have traditionally needed all the luck they can get. Being about one-quarter Irish, I should know. UPDATE - The original link dried up - I suppose Ireland couldn't take the strain of too much good news - so now it's a Twitter feed. Follow it!

Good News Network Australia Let these folks turn your world right-side up.

Happyzine New Zealand Note: This site appears to be a work-in-progress. YMMV.

The Good News South Africa I don't know how many members we have from South Africa, but when I checked their first entry for the day was about an artists' exhibit for autism, so booyah for SA!

Canada.com - Good News Use caution here. This is not a Good-News-Only site, but a section of Canada.com's news feature, so off-links could take you to the usual news grimness. Watch yourself. Canada didn't seem to offer anything else - must have to do with the brutal Seasonal Affective Disorder up there in proximity to the Arctic Circle...

International -Sunnyskyz.com/good-news Haven't skimmed through this much; watch out for click-bait.

Links active as of 1/7/2017. If something drops, let us know and we'll fix it. If you know of a similar site that belongs in the list, suggest it and we'll check it out.

(I will add that if you're looking for news coverage that isn't necessarily all positive, but news that you can at least trust to be balanced, fair and unbiased in the best spirit of professional journalism free from corporate or governmental influence, the best sources are still the gold standard: The British Broadcasting Service (BBC) and National Public Radio (NPR) (United States).

Cerberus
and
BA Journalism, 1989

Edited by Cerberus

Thank you. The first article I read talked about a new drug that may cure Huntingtons. Freaking amazing. you have no idea how much this did lift my mood..geez my whole freaking LIFE. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cerberus
      Lo many moons ago I pinned a topic here with links to an internet site that posted only good news, unlike other news outlets that will remain nameless but whose call letters resemble CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, FOX, CBC - even the BBC and NPR.
      But this is the <angel chorus>Internet</angel chorus> and links decay, plus, news happens everywhere and our crazy members come from all over the freakin' planet. Therefore, I'm rebooting this topic with fresh links and new pages as a tonic for global crazy. My criteria for inclusion:
      1. The site features only Good News. No downers, no bummers, no gloom.
      2. The Good News is secular and broad-based, not "The Good News" in the religious sense, Christian or otherwise.
      3. It isn't actually a sales pitch in disguise.
      4. It lifted my mood, which needs lifting like the Hindenburg needed lifting. (Oh, the humanity...)
      If you feel like crap, read them. Go. What part of 'Required' do you not understand?' Think of them as part of your meds and just swallow. Don't argue with me - I'm not in the proper frame of mind. GO! READ! As in NOW.
      Here's the list:
      The Good News Network The original post.
      The Great News Network What makes this news great and the other only good, I leave to you.
      Happy News Self-explanatory.
      Positive News UK I looked for individual sites for England, Wales and Scotland, but apparently it wasn't cricket.
      Good News Ireland! The Irish have have traditionally needed all the luck they can get. Being about one-quarter Irish, I should know. UPDATE - The original link dried up - I suppose Ireland couldn't take the strain of too much good news - so now it's a Twitter feed. Follow it!
      Good News Network Australia Let these folks turn your world right-side up.
      Happyzine New Zealand Note: This site appears to be a work-in-progress. YMMV.
      The Good News South Africa I don't know how many members we have from South Africa, but when I checked their first entry for the day was about an artists' exhibit for autism, so booyah for SA!
      Canada.com - Good News Use caution here. This is not a Good-News-Only site, but a section of Canada.com's news feature, so off-links could take you to the usual news grimness. Watch yourself. Canada didn't seem to offer anything else - must have to do with the brutal Seasonal Affective Disorder up there in proximity to the Arctic Circle...
      International -Sunnyskyz.com/good-news Haven't skimmed through this much; watch out for click-bait.
      Links active as of 1/7/2017. If something drops, let us know and we'll fix it. If you know of a similar site that belongs in the list, suggest it and we'll check it out.

(I will add that if you're looking for news coverage that isn't necessarily all positive, but news that you can at least trust to be balanced, fair and unbiased in the best spirit of professional journalism free from corporate or governmental influence, the best sources are still the gold standard: The British Broadcasting Service (BBC) and National Public Radio (NPR) (United States).

Cerberus
      and
      BA Journalism, 1989
    • By MellyDonut
      I feel a little strange because although I've been a long time lurker of this forum, I've recently joined, and I've been commenting on a lot of blog posts. I don't know why, but it seems to have put me in a better mood. It makes me feel a little less alone knowing that there are actual people behind those computers, and they are feeling the way I do, or that I did. It makes me feel a little less alone.

I guess also commenting makes me feel a little bit useful. I wonder if I'm ever qualified to comment. But I realize that although I have my weaknesses, I came on here because I don't know how to deal with the aftermath of sexual assault, and perhaps others can help me, I do have my strengths. I was a self harmer for a long time, and I was depressed. I still struggle with both but I have made strides in both areas. And maybe I can help someone else in that. Tell them the few things I learned as a self harmer.

It's a beautiful day today. And I'm mad at myself for getting a late start this week, (It's almost 3) I wake up at 7 most mornings, so I guess I shouldn't feel bad for letting myself be a little lazy. I think I'm going to walk to central park and read some of my textbooks. My boyfriend is having a tough day though. I knew I should've just listened to my gut and saw him last night. I might try to see him late tonight and sleep over to Sunday and then come back and go to rehearsal.

I wish I had someone to study with me. But I'm starting rehearsal for a play tomorrow and I already like some of that cast. I think some of them live in my building with me this time so maybe I can become friendlier with them and we can make plans. I made friends with people from my old cast, but it was hard to get together after rehearsals because we all lived in different boroughs. So I'm going to eat pack my books and water bottle, maybe a sweater, and head to central park.