CrazyBoards.org

I've done it again, and I hate myself as much as I did before, if not more. My brain is caught in an endless cycle.

1) I hate the way I am.

2) Cutting has always helped release negative energy.

3) Cut.

4) Hate myself more because they're gross and ugly and disgusting and ew

Rinse and repeat.

I can't stand myself. I feel weak. I feel like less of a person because I can never be strong enough to recover. I'm angry at myself. I'm angry at everyone around me because they know, but can't help.

I just can't do this alone, and I feel so damn alone.

Sorry to hear you are struggling.

Please know you are not alone, even though it feels that way.

Guest Vapourware

I understand where you're coming from with cutting. I have similar emotions when it comes to cutting - it's an externalisation of how I feel inside. Sometimes cutting calms me down, but then I feel a great deal of shame about the fact that I'd cut.

Have you tried methods of self-soothing? There is a thread on this forum about self-soothing techniques, so you can learn how to express yourself without cutting.

@Wooster thank you so much.

@Vapourware I did notice that thread. However, it loads weird on my mobile for some reason, so I haven't had the chance to look through it yet.

The thing about relapses is they do hit you when you least expect it. Don't give up though and like Vapourware said look into methods of self-soothing and healthy ways to vent your anger.Even if you feel like you are alone don't be afraid to reach out to the people here at CB a lot of us are going through the same struggles

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By lightriso
      I relapsed today. After over a year of being clean.
      I’m super stressed out about a test and my mind immediately went to self harm. So I did it. 
      I’m sad.
    • By Xyzieleigh
      I have been self harming since I was 11.
      I'm 21 with a job in healthcare and I still can't stop myself from cutting. Its become a custome. That's my go to when I'm stressed, upset, lonely, sometimes even if I'm bored. I just like to have cuts or burns or scratches on me at all times. Its like a secret that I don't have to share its amusing to me in a way. I feel almost naked if I don't have at least a few cuts on me at any given time. I've tried to stop and for a while I did, but I just keep turning back. 
         I want to move forward with my life but its like I'm stuck In a hole that I can't climb out of. I see everyone around me moving on with their lives and I'm stuck here hurting myself with no control over anything. My anxiety is to bad to seek help. I just feel like I would be better off dead because dying just seems so easier, more realistic and more inviting than trying to live a normal life.
    • By Unicorn
      I hadn’t been cutting for long before I was found out. My parents sent me to therapy hoping for a full recovery. I haven’t cut since the end of May -a little over for months ago- but I still fantasize about it everyday. I feel that since I’m not an active cutter I’m seen as being better but I’m not better. The urge is still there and life is harder now that I’m not doing essentially the only thing that remedied the pain. I wish I coined express this frustration to someone but I hate to disappoint. I burdened my parents and enough already and don’t want to hurt them anymore. How can I make the urge go away or get my parents to see that I haven’t fully recovered without hurting them? If you have any advice please lmk. Thanks.