CrazyBoards.org
Rose Tyler

random thoughts!

Snort. My son saying to his sister a week after I got out of in patient and we’re traveling with our in-laws “I don’t think Mom is the one in the family who belongs in the mental hospital.”

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:29 PM, Gearhead said:

funny-fake-products-obvious-plant-5-5cc6

I once found this range of dolls off Amazon which all had the word 'penis' in the title. Probably some disgruntled employee translating the words into English. I can't find them now because typing penis doll into google returns some things which make me feel insecure. But some of the names were hilarious. These were kids toys and were normal dolls, but had names like 'Penis bath play' or 'Penis snip snip play'. And I'm sounding weird and crazy but they were listed on Amazon at one time.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

funny-fake-products-obvious-plant-5-5cc6

I once found this range of dolls off Amazon which all had the word 'penis' in the title. Probably some disgruntled employee translating the words into English. I can't find them now because typing penis doll into google returns some things which make me feel insecure. But some of the names were hilarious. These were kids toys and were normal dolls, but had names like 'Penis bath play' or 'Penis snip snip play'. And I'm sounding weird and crazy but they were listed on Amazon at one time.

I needed a small giggle. In the worst way. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Just a random bit of info I just came across...dogs (most anyway) prefer Reggae music...so if your pooch gets anxious when you leave the house, you could put on some reggae for the baby. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

Just a random bit of info I just came across...dogs (most anyway) prefer Reggae music...so if your pooch gets anxious when you leave the house, you could put on some reggae for the baby. 

OK that is awesome, that makes me want a dog. I only have cats, and the music they like is BIZARRE. https://www.musicforcats.com/

Edit: actually it's not that bad, it's quite beautiful but it has random mewing noises in it lol. It's on Spotify! 

Edited by Melancholya
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Can we talk about women's eyebrows? Leave them alone! Some women do all sorts of shit to their eyebrows - shave them off and then draw them back on, trim them to geometric perfection, or cut them down to about one hairs width. And it all looks pretty shit and weird. There's a woman who works at a bar that I frequent, and I always hope that she doesn't serve me because I can't stop staring at her eyebrows. They're big, and look like they were trimmed using a ruler and a compass - 180 degrees betwen the nose and a 45 degree turn after 5cm. And I can't look at her without thinking "What the fuck is going on with your eyebrows?" Men are often accused of oppressing women with their unrealistic expectations of female beauty. Probably some truth there. Eyebrows though? I don't think we can take the blame for that. Unless you're rocking a monobrow or have eyebrows like two hairy caterpillers stuck on your face (neither of which is a good look for men either) your eyebrows look absolutely fine. Stop torturing your eyebrows!

Edited by Fluent In Silence
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Can we talk about women's eyebrows? Leave them alone! Some women do all sorts of shit to their eyebrows - shave them off and then draw them back on, trim them to geometric perfection, or cut them down to about one hairs width. And it all looks pretty shit and weird. There's a woman who works at a bar that I frequent, and I always hope that she doesn't serve me because I can't stop staring at her eyebrows. They're big, and look like they were trimmed using a ruler and a compass - 180 degrees betwen the nose and a 45 degree turn after 5cm. And I can't look at her without thinking "What the fuck is going on with your eyebrows?" Men are often accused of oppressing women with their unrealistic expectations of female beauty. Probably some truth there. Eyebrows though? I don't think we can take the blame for that. Unless you're rocking a monobrow or have eyebrows like two hairy caterpillers stuck on your face (neither of which is a good look for men either) your eyebrows look absolutely fine. Stop torturing your eyebrows!

Often, with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had shut the fuck up. Reading this back it sounds like a weird and mean rant about women's eyebrows, which wasn't what I thought I'd written. In my head I was saying something about impossible beauty standards and why we should ignore them. In reality it came out as some bad tempered bullshit about how women who do stuff to their eyebrows are stupid. Ah shut the fuck up you idiot!

Maybe a better example of what I was trying to say is cankles. When I first heard that word I thought it was hilarious, because someone's obviously made it up in order to satirise the quest for physical perfection. I mean who gives a flying fuck about ankles anyway? Oh, it's real? Sometimes I think we're doomed as a species.

I'm ugly enough to know that 'it's what's inside that counts' is some patronising bullshit which only beautiful people come out with. It does affect the way people treat you and you're judged far more on the way you look if you're a woman. So me moaning about the barmaids eyebrows does make me sound like a bit of an arsehole. Still, it does go too far sometimes, and nobody gives a shit if you have cankles or if your eyebrows aren't trimmed to perfection. Nobody whose opinion anyone should give a shit about anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Often, with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had shut the fuck up. Reading this back it sounds like a weird and mean rant about women's eyebrows, which wasn't what I thought I'd written. In my head I was saying something about impossible beauty standards and why we should ignore them. In reality it came out as some bad tempered bullshit about how women who do stuff to their eyebrows are stupid. Ah shut the fuck up you idiot!

Maybe a better example of what I was trying to say is cankles. When I first heard that word I thought it was hilarious, because someone's obviously made it up in order to satirise the quest for physical perfection. I mean who gives a flying fuck about ankles anyway? Oh, it's real? Sometimes I think we're doomed as a species.

I'm ugly enough to know that 'it's what's inside that counts' is some patronising bullshit which only beautiful people come out with. It does affect the way people treat you and you're judged far more on the way you look if you're a woman. So me moaning about the barmaids eyebrows does make me sound like a bit of an arsehole. Still, it does go too far sometimes, and nobody gives a shit if you have cankles or if your eyebrows aren't trimmed to perfection. Nobody whose opinion anyone should give a shit about anyway.

I understood you perfectly. Yep, some women are constantly striving for that high bar of beauty, and doing ridiculous things to themselves to attain it. Agree with your previous statement 100%. 

• Like 1

Eyebrow 'style' seems to be a huge thing for young women these days. If you look at makeup videos on YouTube or Instagram, you'll notice there's a distinct fashion of really thick, dark eyebrows with kinda sharp edges if that makes sense. I really dislike this type of eyebrow but it's popular now. I draw lightly with a pencil over my brows to darken them a little and give a bit of shape, but that's it. And I really do look better when I do that. Women today are getting a lot of pressure about what it means to be beautiful. And that being beautiful is the most important thing. I'm heavily insecure about my looks, so makeup is important to me. Maybe I am actually vain. But if I go out without makeup, I feel as if everyone is repulsed by me. My sister in law and mother in law both get their eyebrows tattooed on! It costs hundreds of dollars. Fuck that. They don't look natural either. My hubby laughed when he first saw his mum's tattooed eyebrows because he thought they made her look always surprised, lol. 

2 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Men are often accused of oppressing women with their unrealistic expectations of female beauty.

This is true, but nowadays I wonder if it's  also women that are doing this to other women, through social media etc. I haven't actually met many men who profess to like the sort of beauty found on Instagram and YouTube. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Melancholya said:

My sister in law and mother in law both get their eyebrows tattooed on! It costs hundreds of dollars. Fuck that. They don't look natural either. My hubby laughed when he first saw his mum's tattooed eyebrows because he thought they made her look always surprised, lol. 

I had my eyebrows tattooed on in 2010 as I got tired of not having eyebrows and the questions and weird looks. I have had trichotillomania for 25-ish years and after awhile the eyebrows don't grow back anymore. Mine look more natural than when I drew them on lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Melancholya said:

This is true, but nowadays I wonder if it's  also women that are doing this to other women, through social media etc. I haven't actually met many men who profess to like the sort of beauty found on Instagram and YouTube. 

Quite a few women have said to me that women can be brutal to each other. Men might be more violent towards each other but women seem to go for psychological violence, which is far worse. I probably get on better with women than I do with men, but only when talking to an individual. Groups of women are terrifying. They're up to something :unsure:.

Social media has made people feel more insecure about how they look. We judge our own attractiveness by those who surround us. Worked fine when we lived in mud huts and the only comparison was with Brian, who might be hung like a buffalo but he eats his bogies. Bit simple is Brian. Nowadays we see all these perfect photoshopped bodies and our idea of what is average and normal is completely fucked up. When we only knew people from our own village we could feel like a catch because we still had all our teeth. Brian is missing his front teeth and he eats his nasal fruits, so I'm looking like a pretty good catch. But nowadays women are fussy, and having teeth and not eating your bogies isn't enough anymore. What do you want! Oh I'm joking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kittyloaf said:

I had my eyebrows tattooed on in 2010 as I got tired of not having eyebrows and the questions and weird looks. I have had trichotillomania for 25-ish years and after awhile the eyebrows don't grow back anymore. Mine look more natural than when I drew them on lol.

That's great! I guess it depends on the tattoo artist and which style you like. I think that's really cool, I hope I didn't sound criticising of you, my mother and sister in law's situation is completely for cosmetic reasons so I find it kind of ridiculous lol. 

1 hour ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Social media has made people feel more insecure about how they look.

I think social media has made everyone more insecure about everything tbh :(

• Like 1

i prefer the modern look to the 1990s thin black line shit

natural is fine, neatened a little with a pluck is better

i was gifted a nose/ear/and eyebrow trimmer for my recent birthday. Will save money on hairdressers, because hairiness gets uncomfortable at a certain age. Nothing to do with aesthetics

• Like 1

i hate potpourri

it's just asking to get knocked over and picked up, one tiny pointless piece at a time

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Antecedent said:

i hate potpourri

it's just asking to get knocked over and picked up, one tiny pointless piece at a time

I am 100% with you! 

Posted (edited)

The pills that the spam bots are trying to advertise, they have stupid names. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not real FDA-approved meds.

Edited by onsenseal