CrazyBoards.org

random thoughts!

Rose Tyler

10 hours ago, DogMan said:

Not entirely certain what this machine does. But I just know that wearing it for 24 hours will result in Dr lecturers 

Holter monitor 

I wore something similar, made by a company called Zio. It monitors your heart rate and looks for arrhythmias. If you only have to wear it for 24 hours, rejoice. I wore mine for two weeks, by the end of which my skin was going nuts from the adhesive, and I wanted to chew off my left pec. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No results for that yet 

Had stress EchoCardioGram Friday 

Followed by cardiologist going old school with a stethoscope 

He referred me for a proper EchoCardioGram. Said that I have a heart murmur. Wrote these clinical notes 

I see GP Tuesday. And hopefully he can explain it, without too many lectures on lifestyle 

IMG_20210723_162552.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, DogMan said:

Said that I have a heart murmur.

It could be worse. You could have had a heart mutter, which over time and under adverse circumstances could progress into a heart grumble and then to a heart gripe.

I do hope they figure it out for you.

2 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

I used the word "promulgate" in a sentence. I'm so fucking awesome.

That depends entirely on how you used it. "I promulgated into the loo" would make no sense, and thus earn you no fuckingawesomeness. Promulgating the notion that using a complex term makes one appear erudite is more likely to have the desired effect.

As you can see from my frankly superb illustration. 🧐

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It could be worse. You could have had a heart mutter, which over time and under adverse circumstances could progress into a heart grumble and then to a heart gripe.

I do hope they figure it out for you.

That depends entirely on how you used it. "I promulgated into the loo" would make no sense, and thus earn you no fuckingawesomeness. Promulgating the notion that using a complex term makes one appear erudite is more likely to have the desired effect.

As you can see from my frankly superb illustration. 🧐

All good. Apparently no big deal on the murmur, or the palpitations etc 

Ideally would not be there. But no drama 

I often think that American accents sound exhausting 

Surely they don't speak like that by default 

There was an American woman in a Cafe I attended recently. I just sort of watched and listened, wondering if she gets home to hubby and properly says "Sgarn on cunt?" in a normal voice 

1 hour ago, Gearhead said:

Chap Hop.

I think he's under somewhat of a misconception.

chap (n.)

1570s, "customer," short for obsolete chapman in its secondary sense "purchaser, trader" (also see cheap). Colloquial familiar sense of "lad, fellow, man or boy" is first attested 1716, usually with a qualifying adjective. Compare slang (tough) customer and German Kunde "customer, purchaser," colloquially "fellow."

Here, he seems to use in the same way as people nowadays say "like a sir."

I mean to say, what-what? 🧐

Irony is a needle phobic nurse 

Have just finished a chat with nurse sister. That yes, suspected heart attack is call 000 ASAP. And you won't know for sure that you need an IV drip until they do tests. They might just give back the valium that they took away 

😂🤣

On 10/3/2021 at 11:13 PM, DogMan said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-03/melbourne-longest-lockdown/100510710

most locked down city on earth

do i win cookies or something?

Congratulations.  My mum was telling me about this the other day on FaceTime. Almost all of my family are around Melbourne. I fled to Queensland decades ago, as cold is pain for me. At the risk of speaking too soon, we have barely been impacted by the whole covid goings on, although it probably helps that we are a houseful of Aspies, and legal social distancing, and actually being told we can stay at home (and not have to make excuses) has been heaven.  My Pdoc did talk me into getting the vaccine, so now I probably have thousands of nanobots running around my body (joking).  For the Americans, I think fleeing to Florida would be the weather equivalent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 11:56 PM, KJ said:

Congratulations.  My mum was telling me about this the other day on FaceTime. Almost all of my family are around Melbourne. I fled to Queensland decades ago, as cold is pain for me. At the risk of speaking too soon, we have barely been impacted by the whole covid goings on, although it probably helps that we are a houseful of Aspies, and legal social distancing, and actually being told we can stay at home (and not have to make excuses) has been heaven.  My Pdoc did talk me into getting the vaccine, so now I probably have thousands of nanobots running around my body (joking).  For the Americans, I think fleeing to Florida would be the weather equivalent.

How can you worry about covid when every three months a person is torn to pieces by a crocodile in North Queensland? Hoping you get the Bob Katter reference. Not that our politicians in merry old England aren't bat shit insane too. Best Australian impression.

I'm not mocking. Stereotypes are funny but they aren't true. I'm always curious about what the stereotypes about English people are. Bowler hats and shit?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

How can you worry about covid when every three months a person is torn to pieces by a crocodile in North Queensland?

It's no better here. When Hurricane Ida blew threw, a man in New Orleans was eaten by an alligator.

And moving to Florida isn't a bad notion if you don't mind living in a COVID-infested hothouse with a raving lunatic governor. And more alligators.

Apropos of Random Thoughts, I was wondering why they're called alligators. How, after all, does one alligate? It seems that to alligate (from Latin alligatus, to bind, compare ligature), is to connect or bind things things together; yet this is not what alligators do. Indeed, they do much the opposite. Their name, instead, comes from Spanish el legato, the lizard, stemming likely from Latin lacerta (lizard) > el legato (the lizard) > alligator (terrifying crocodilian reptile archosaurs much more closely related to birds than to lizards). They do not bind, but tear things asunder in spectacular primaeval fashion. I think it's fascinating that two words so close in structure can signify opposite concepts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

I'm not mocking. Stereotypes are funny but they aren't true.

Stereotypes aren't necessarily false - indeed, almost all stereotypes are based in observation of real phenomena - but what makes them undesirable is that they become illogically extrapolated and then applied to classes of people rather than to individuals who may actually exhibit the traits in question. Are people from Appalachia all ignorant, inbreeding hicks with missing teeth? Of course not. But the general educational level is below the national average, the population is not genetically diverse, and medical and dental care are both harder to access in rural areas than they are in more populated areas. I myself am currently missing a front tooth as I got an implant and have to heal until January before they can install the actual replacement tooth. I think any stereotype that can actually be applied is best thought of as the exception that proves the rule that people are individuals worthy of being considered on their own merits.

One of Mum's home helpers had a client test positive. So we had to get tested and quarantine until results came back 

I can go buy food now that the results are good. And get out in the sunshine that disappeared yesterday when we got hit with rain off the southern Ocean 

So, that's good 

Screenshot_20211018_015824_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg