CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
honeydipped

wish i'd found you guys sooner!

howdy. my name is kate, i'm 32 and living in beautiful BC, Canada. i first dealt with depression at the tender age of 19 and recieved treatment for it all along the way, but it wasn't until 2008 when i was 28 that everything really came apart. i'm currently on disability assistance ... i admit it has been hard to see all my friends/cohorts become doctors and lawyers and the like and still having to put my life on hold. the good news is, i've been highly responsive to a new med called Latuda, after a laundry list of like 30+ failed medications and cocktails. it is only in the past four weeks that i've began to feel a little bit of life sneaking back in, and i'm waiting with bated breath.. see every good say as a gift and probably will for the rest of my life if i become depression free. i also suffer from social anxiety disorder which is still going strong.

i think my story is pretty much a nature/nurture one. i had a predilection towards depression and i blew it wide open with a hard drug problem in the early 2000s and triggered what was already there full scale. so i deal with some guilt too.

i earned myself a degree in linguistics but my career goals and passion lie within the veterinary field and i want to work with the fuzzy and feathered. i have two chinchillas, a cat and a lovebird. they are a source of joy when nothinng else comes close.

anyways this is already too long winded. this forum looks awesome and very useful and i'm looking forward to looking around!

Kate ^_^

Hi, Kate---I'm glad you finally found us!

Please read the user agreement and then you'll have an idea of how we operate.

Also, be sure to look into the blog section and check out the chat room. Sometimes it really helps to talk to a fellow crazy person.

olga

Welcome to CB. It is hard to watch your aspirations take a back seat to mental illness. I think we can all relate to that. There is also a bit of a grieving process that goes along with that.

However, it sounds like you are finding the right treatment for you, and that can make all the difference in the world. I know it did for me for a long time.

Welcome!

"If I could talk to the animals, learn their languages. Maybe take an animal degree....." Dr. Doolittle :)