Hi- new to this site

Hi I stumbled upon this site when I googled " noises bother me" so I could try to understand why I am so affected adversely by noises ( screaming kids, alarms, loud tv, etc). I was surprised to see that a few people who are bipolar had the same issues. I am bipolar as well and never even considered a connection. One of the moderators contacted me via a post I had made and said there is no (probable)correlation and that these sensitivities to noise and touch are probably due to stress. I won't argue that because I am regularly stressed to some degree, but not so much that I go around worrying about things all the time. I am happy in my marriage and happy with my current jobs. I have been sliding down the career ladder however in the past 10 years or so as I I unable to (want to) deal with any responsibility so I have either quit or got fired from jobs. Thankfully my husband is very patient and understanding, as my moods can be rather unstable with him and in public as well. I can't tell you how many places I have gone "crazy" in and therefore have crossed those places off my list of places I can go to. Enough said for now. Maybe more at a later date.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to post. we toss around ideas and share info, so don't feel like you were being chastised in any way.

Can't say I have touch sensitivities, but I recognize signs of being overwhelmed by bright lights, too loud music/talking or noise when I get stressed.

Cheers! :) a.m.

Welcome to Crazyboards. I'm glad you found us!

Be sure to read the user agreement so you understand how we operate. Also, you should know that this place is indexed by Google, so keep that in mind when you write posts that might have identifying information in the.

I hope you like hanging out with us.

olga

Archived