Am I an alcoholist or do I dissociate

I won't deny it. I like my drink. But everytime I wake up, I wake up to something I do not remember. Every time I have regrets, and I remember nothing. Am I just a drunk or do I dissociate? I took a psychological test, and they determined I do not have schizophrenia.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I can't diagnose you. I can tell you that dissociation happens without the presence of other substances: it's something that brains do on their own without other chemical assistance. If you drink, pass out, then wake up not remembering that's more a function of the alcohol. If, without alcohol, you lose time, that might be dissociation. Does that make sense?

I can't diagnose you. I can tell you that dissociation happens without the presence of other substances: it's something that brains do on their own without other chemical assistance. If you drink, pass out, then wake up not remembering that's more a function of the alcohol. If, without alcohol, you lose time, that might be dissociation. Does that make sense?

The joke is, I do both. I drink heavily, pass out; wake up to something else. And sober I vary, my personality goes around and around; it's a joke. I'm a joke.

Hard to say, you aren't a joke though. I have the same problem. In fact, I literally 2 days ago had what was hopefully my "last drink" because I lose time EVERY time I drink. I get psychotic and lose time when I'm sober too, but not to the degree I do when I drink. I figure that 1. I'm an alcoholic, 2. I need so much alcohol at a time that it's just toxic, and 3. I do have a mental illness so what may just make someone black out and get in a little fight or dance on a table might make me go completely insane. The last time I drank, my fiancee said I was screaming about terrorists and begging them not to kill my family. Pretty weird for just drinking. So no, you aren't a joke, you probably have a mental illness and substance abuse issues. You would probably know better than us.

Archived