So. I just got out of IP (refer to my blog if you are interested in reading about my experience).

Anyway. In the triage, they tested my urine using those quick test strips and it came back positive for benzos. This, of course, was a huge shocker for me because I have not taken any benzos nor do I have access to any benzos. I am just wondering why they would want to conspire to make it look like I abuse benzos? The psychiatrist of the ward asked me if I abuse benzos and I was offended.

I feel like this was some kind of conspiracy, but I can't seem to figure out "WHY?". :/

According to the PI Sheet for Zoloft, it shows that you could've had a false positive reading from it:

From PI Sheet (Zoloft): http://labeling.pfiz...ing.aspx?id=517

False-positive urine immunoassay screening tests for benzodiazepines have been reported in

patients taking sertraline. This is due to lack of specificity of the screening tests. False-positive

test results may be expected for several days following discontinuation of sertraline therapy.

Confirmatory tests, such as gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, will distinguish sertraline

from benzodiazepines.

Guest matada

I showed positive for Benzos too when I was in the ER. I took a Valium like 2 weeks before that.

Didn't show up for the weed I used 3 days before the ER trip though.. That was odd.

Archived