What is happening to me?

Twice in the past month I have had these episodes that are so bad I almost go to the ER. I have diarrhea, very shaky hands, CAN NOT RELAX, can't focus on TV, reading, taking a walk, etc, my brain feels like it is wound too tight and I am almost jumping out of my own skin. It is hard to explain. I do have anxiety and depression. I am guessing these are anxiety attacks? i can't function when I have them. I am on Lexapro 20 mg a day but I am guessing that isn't enough. i also take Tamazapam (spelling?) to sleep. I take 1 30 mg but I wish I could take a higher miligram than just the 30. Help. Do I need more/stronger anti anxiety? Any suggestions on some good ones? Thank you!

It does sound like anxiety to me - I get this way all the time.

I think it's time to call your pdoc and tell them about what's going on and what can be done about it.

One thing to check with your doctor is the possibility that you might have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I don't want to give you more to stress over, but I have IBS, and sometimes I will have a flare up in relation to anxiety, and sometimes when I have a flare I get a panic attack. I hope whatever it is, you get some relief.

Archived