Do I handwrite or type my appeal?

I just got denied benefits from CPP disability (Canada) and am now appealing. I have major depression/anxiety among other things.

Just wondering if I should type the appeal, and the reason I'm asking is, if I prepare nice type written pages vs. handwritten would they think I could handle a job at least working on a computer. I was working administrative at my previous job. Strange question I know, but has me puzzled.

Thanks.

I'd type it. It's easier to read. They have no way of knowing if someone else prepared it and you just signed it. If you write it by hand, then they'd know you wrote it. Someone else may disagree but that's what I'd do.

Type. I agree with sylvan, anyone csn type a letter for you, and they might even think you had help on the appeal, whereas a handwritten letter could only come from you directly.

So sorry to hear about your denial.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will go ahead and type it. Not looking forward to this appeal process as I waited to hear 6 months for the denial outcome and was told that the appeal takes 3-4 mos. for approval. :angry:

Archived