Extremely Jumpy

I wasn't sure where to post this; I figured it has to do with anxiety, but I just wanted to see how many others are this way...

I am extremely jumpy. Loud noises, sudden movements, someone appearing out of nowhere all trigger me to jump and scream like a banshee.

If someone even comes up behind me in a soothing manner, I become agitated.

I am just curious if anyone else experiences this and what this could possibly be from? (opinions, of course)

I'm definitely very jumpy.. something loud and I jump out of my skin! if I hear my name, I panic a bit. I always expect the worst.

I'm a very anxious person, always have been.

I am constantly in "fight or flight" mode too, but I've found beta blockers helpful for anxiety. They take away the physical symptoms of anxiety like sweating, racing heart and feeling warm. I am also very jumpy, and I really don't know how to stop being so jumpy. I think just being an anxious person causes one to be jumpy. I avoid being startled, I've just asked people not to sneak up on me and not to touch me.

I'm extremely jumpy as well, doesn't really matter what state of mind I'm in. Even if I'm super depressed, there's good chance I'll jump a few feet in the air if somebody comes up behind me. If I'm in a familiar environment like work, home, or friends houses I'm still a bit jumpy. but if I'm out in public or some sort of large gathering I'm all fight or flight.

I usually don't mind when my friends jump out and scare me at work, I know my reaction is pretty entertaining lol However, in unfamiliar settings things can go bad real fast, whether there's an actual threat or not. Also if I'm not awake and alert yet or already pretty irritated when something startles me ill be in a pretty shitty mood for a good few hours. Mainly bc I'm all worked up and unable to concentrate on starting my day.

Archived