Switched to Paroxetine

Hello,

I am being treated for depression and some kind of anxiety disorder which are both partially school-related (I don't have a clue who had the bad idea to coerce students into Latin instruction...)

My pdoc first prescribed me Sertraline 50mg which made me grinding my teeth after four days - I stopped it immediately and the side effect stopped instantly (daytime teeth grinding) resp. one and a half week later (nightly teeth grinding). He gave me a prescription for Paroxetine 10mg, which I should increase during the following days and I'm wondering now if I will make my jaw clency again. Has anyone had similar experiences?

I'm on 60 mg of Paxil and I haven't had any teeth grinding. You can probaably get a mouth guard at a drug store or from your dentist if it is really bad. I'm on it for OCD, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. It works really well for me. I hope it does for you, too.

Bruxism, or any symptom really, can vary wildly from med to med. You reaction to one med in a class (SSRIs) does not necessarily mean that you will have the same reaction across the class.

And Latin as a trigger? Really? I have never heard that the declension of nouns could cause serious mental illness, before. I took 3 years of Latin in high school, and one semester in college, but I am pretty sure being bipolar had nothing to do with that. It's a chicken and egg thing.

Archived