LUVOX and how did it help you?

Pdoc gave me Luvox for OCD (harm thoughts). I also have depression, anxiety, bp and bpd. I wonder if Luvox will serve to help in some of these other diagnosis? would appreciate your experience with Luvox and how you think it's helped you. Thanks.

I use to take Luvox CR and it worked well for me for OCD, anxiety, and depression. The only reason I went off was that I was on Xanaflex to help prevent migraines and it had a reaction with Luvox CR, so I was switched to Paxil, which actually I like better for my OCD symptoms. But Luvox CR was a really good drug.

Luvox didnt work well for me, but thats not to say that it wont work for you. IT has a short half life and I found myself on a roller coaster ride. I prefer prozac, but thats just me. Lots of people praise luvox as a great med.

Luvox has worked great at our house. Both kids are on it and have been for years. I tried it for a while as well. I really liked it. It stopped my OCD stuff cold. As in, I completely stopped counting crap and all the other "odd" things I do. It was great. I had to come off of it though. Not because it wasn't working but for other reasons. It wasn't going to play well with another medication that I had to be on. So, I had to quit the Luvox.

For the boy, I know it really helps. Without it, he is a mess from OCD and depression. The girl takes both Luvox and Luvox CR. It helps her but not to the degree it does the boy.

Archived