Did Luvox help your OCD thoughts?

I didn't do well on Luvox. I've got anxiety & depression issues too, and it didn't help enough with either. Zoloft and now Prozac have worked really well for helping me control my OCD self harming thoughts & actions and anxiety. I'm also on Wellbutrin for the depression & it's made a big difference. But everyone's different, and you'll never know until you try it out! Good luck! :)

I don't have OCD, but I do have some thoughts and behaviours that are OCD-like (Does that make sense?) I have major problems with anxiety and was on 300mg of Luvox a year ago, and 2mg of Xanax. Now I'm on 100mg of Luvox and 1mg of Xanax.

It stops the obsessive thoughts. It kicked in quickly when I first started it. I really like it.

Dbt tdoc thought I should not have been given luvox for OCD according to his physcological assessment and talking to me. He considers my thoughts to be ruminative, and that dbt will help me more than blaming a diagnosis of OCD. Of course that is for my particular case, possibly not ocd'ers in general.

It may have something to do with my bpd diagnosis.

Archived