CrazyBoards.org

there used to be this thing called civility...ya'll can just mob yourselves, I don't need this shit...should rename the place...Nazi Boards

Seriously, I was at the holocaust museum a couple of weeks ago. You, are clueless. Actually, worse than clueless. For someone to equate the Nazis with someone getting called out on a forum, well, that's in poor taste.

Joachim -

In regard to your comment above re: nazism, allow me to respond with something equally relevant:

Wrong, madam! Wrong! Under section 37B or something like that of the New User Agreement evidently not read by you, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: I, the crazy, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, madam!

I said Good Day!

Oh, and you can keep the Everlasting Gobstopper. Please, please use it.

Cordially,

Cerberus

at last!!

surely that's not a somewhat skewed sense of humor I detect from the last poster?

just my opinion, but I think others are wound just a little tight....ever hear of the soup Nazi on Seinfield? lighten up damn

buh bye since I've broken the contract (I've never claimed to be sane myself)

just my opinion, but I think others are wound just a little tight....ever hear of the soup Nazi on Seinfield? lighten up damn

No, what is Seinfield?

OK...I googled. You are kidding, right? Seinfeld as a defense and explanation seems quite farfetched. But, come on back and post one more obligatory big exit speech should you feel so inclined.

I find there is a LOT of perverse humor here; look at the board descriptions, lol. But when a joke doesn't come off right, it's often a good idea to explain that you were making an off-color joke and that your really intended xyz. And, sometimes, to apologize.

But if you'd rather make a big passive-aggressive thread and post your "goodbye cruel boards" exit, well, those are your issues, not ours.

This thread could have died if the OP hadn't decided to give yet another passive-aggressive response.

IRL, if you make an inappropriate joke, you apologize for it. You don't call the people who were offended out for not being able to take a joke. Once again, it shows that the op constantly shifts the blame of the consequences of her actions onto everyone else. I'm passive-aggressive? People were mean to me first. You don't understand me? Its your fault you don't understand me. I get upset by what someone wrote about me? It's their fault for being mean, rude, and abrasive. People aren't agreeing with me? It's a big "defend the mods" lovefest that I'm an outsider on.

Blame is so easy, absorbing and analyzing the truth is difficult. I would expect that someone with the op's "life experience" would have learned the skills to analyze a situation from all sides, rather than thinking the whole world is against her and striking out like a child.

Obviously, this isn't the site for the op, who only joined a couple of months ago. I would think it would be advisable, of she reads this further, that she simply not come here and read any more of what is written and move OB to a site that is more focused on all-positive support.

Is this place perfect? No. Are there people who feel they are treated sith undue harshness or rudeness? Yes. Can you please everyone? No.

The experience of my mere 26 years have taught me that age and experience do not always go hand in hand, nor with maturity, nor with insight. I have learned invaluable lessons from my elders, and I have stubbornly gone my own way to only realise my mother was right, and I have learned valuable lessons from people younger than I, and I have seen peope twice my age or even older acting with less maturity and insight than some brilliant homeless teenagers I used to know.

I myself appreciate blunt honesty. Even snark. And me with triggers from abuse, that still leave me with issues trusting authority though I have improved.

That's just me, though.

The site abounds in different sorts of humour. To call CB 'Naziboards' on a butthurting flounce thread, well I can easily see how a joke is lost. And I never found that episode, or much of Seinfeld, funny. (I rather enjoy It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia, but that's personal tastes again.)

I am really not seeing the connection between 'what is your issue specifically? Have you tried PMing the person(s) involved? Have you brought your concerns to another mod? Have you sat and thought about what was said, slept on it, and come back a day or some days later?' Which is how I am generally reading the replies. Not seeing the connection between that and 'shut up and never voice any complaints ever' which seems to be how you're taking it. Or are you, y'know, wink wink nudge nudge kidding and not actually flouncing while trying to get the last word in?

I've had mods and members challenge things I say, bluntly. I have bluntly challenged others. Titania has specifically challenged my thinking when I was in a really shitty place but not doing myself any favours. And I'm really glad she did. Hell there's a couple members I've had arguments with on the forums over issues I feel strongly about, but I have yet to block anyone on this site because those same people often still have valuable advice elsewhere I'd like to see.

OMG, I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. At first it had to grow on me, but now I think it is insanely hysterically funny.

Joaquim, you are not the first person, nor will you be the last, who wants to inform us that people on Crazyboards are so mean, and demands that we start soft-peddling advice because we hurt their feelings, and don't understand why we didn't all recognize that that particular member is a special snowflake. You are saying nothing that hasn't been said many times before. But here's the problem: This forum does not belong to you (nor me). You don't get to determine the rules, or the content. But feel free to start a forum of your own.

If you are not finding this forum helpful, it might be time for you go look for a better fit. Otherwise, since you seem to get perverse pleasure acting wounded when someone calls you on your bullshit, it is time to put on your big girl pants, and grow a thicker skin. Here is also where I throw in the "pot, meet kettle" reference.

Edited by crtclms