So this is me...

Hi, I'm Pixyprincess (but you can call me Pixy). I'm new to this site but have been on other sites for MI for the last year or so. I'm 33, have 2 little dogs (who think they are huge) and live near the mountains now although I was born and raised in Florida. I miss the beach so so so much. I was dx Bipolar II when I was 15, which was revised to BPI several years later. I also have severe PTSD , OCD (not as bad), and chronic migraines. Not fun, but what can you do. I hope that I can find some of the answers or guidance I've been looking for on this site. It's just nice not to be alone.

Hi, Pixy! I'm glad you came to CB and I hope we can offer you some support.

Please be sure to read the user agreement when you get a chance. As you may know, we are a pro-med bunch of people, so be prepared to hear about that from the other members.

Also, this site is indexed by Google, so you need to be cautious with identifying information if you want to remain anonymous.

Don't be afraid to contact a mod or admin if you have any questions.

olga

Thanks Olga. I know- I posted a question in the PTSD forum and every response I've had is telling me I'm refusing meds. Which I am not. What I AM doing is following the advice of not one, but 3 pdocs, my general practitioner, as well as my therapists. Were there a magic cocktail that I could take which would not send me into a manic episode so high I am going through the stratosphere I would be more than willing to try it. Just as some people cannot tolerate certain foods, my mind cannot tolerate those. It's not a choice of mine to refuse medication, it's my listening to all of my doctors when they point out that I simply get worse to the point of losing touch with reality. This nearly always culminates in a suicide attempt. Very messy. It's not something I can control- but it's not something I am going to apologize for either. Each person's body chemistry is different. What works for most will not work for all. And that is what I have to deal with. I stay on top of my mood changes, have a wonderful support group around me doing the same, and try to get through whatever I can with as little trouble as possible. But please, don't label me noncompliant or anti-med. I know it works for others. I've seen it, I've envied it, I encourage it for everyone. Yet I will not go against the advice of every professional I have seen to appease the mind of someone who thinks I should do something differently. It's not an easy road to travel, but I do what has to be done.

Hi Pixy, I'm Kat. I just wanted to reach out to you and say hi! I just (randomly) read your very interesting EMDR thread, as I have PTSD and have been wondering whether EMDR could be helpful for me. (I was late to the party due to moving and no internet.) I'm sorry you had a rough time (understatement of the year?) finding any kind of medications to help you with your conditions. Anyhoo, welcome to the boards!! I am thrilled to see that you are from Florida, as I am too!!

Yes, this is a pro-medication site, but you are following doctors orders, so maybe you can interpret this site as being a "pro-treatment compliance" site (i.e. whatever the licensed psychiatric and mental health professionals prescribe)? As you can see in my sig, I am on meds, but they are only a small tool in my coping skill toolbox-- they simply soften the edges of the symptoms for me so therapy and other modalities can work. In other words, everyone is different, and everyone's treatment is different. Glad to see another displaced Floridian on the boards!!

Archived