New member here, will try to keep my introduction short. I'm 27 and from Tennessee. Kinda looking for some support since my psychiatric nurse seems to be guessing at what to do every time i see her. I feel like my meds are constantly swapped around, but i guess that's just part of it. She continually throws out the term schizoaffective, but claims it's rare and doesn't want to diagnose me with it. My symptoms are all over the place; anxiety, panic attacks, depression, mild mania, periods of psychosis, delusions (typically not paranoid), among others. Anyway that is the short intro of me and my crazy, I may make a blog post with more detail sometime soon in case anyone is interested.

Welcome to Crazyboards.

It sounds like you are having a difficult time with that nurse. Do you ever get to see a psychiatrist? The nurse may be a very competent person, but she isn't a doctor. If your meds aren't cutting it, you might benefit from seeing one.

Please read the rules when you get time. We don't have many, so it's about a 2-minute read, tops. I also like to point out to new members that we are indexed by Google, so it's important to be careful about how much person information you post.

olga

The nurse i see is a psychiatric nurse practitioner and she is in constant consultation about me with her supervisor who is a doctor. I live in a pretty rural area and any of the actual psychiatrist had waiting list of several months and that just isn't a length of time I can go with meds that aren't working.

Can you make an appointment with the psychiatrist and keep seeing the PNP until then? You really need a solid diagnosis, and some sense of what you are working toward.

Welcome to CB, too. Check out all the boards that match your symptoms and see where you might find support and a feeling of belonging. Read the old posts, too. A lot of questions are already answered there.

Good luck!

Archived