I was walking to my GP which is about a mile away. This random guy pulls up outside tesco (supermarket) as I was passing by and says I've seen you around here a couple of times which i think is a lie. Would you like to have a drink? I thought it was a hallucination but my GP said it sounds very real. He said I should be very careful because I'm in a very vulnrable position right now. God knows what he meant by that. I have never had hallucinations to my knowledge anyway but this time I kinda freaked.

It does not sound like a hallucination, just kind of random. The guy sounds kind of creepy, it might make me afraid to walk in that area again. Be careful (not because you are vulnerable but because it sounds creepy.)

Once I was waiting for the bus during the middle of the day and an elderly man approached me and I kind of shrugged him off and continued to listen to my ipod. For the next 20 minutes he continued to harass me by getting into my face, pretending to punch me, and by even getting a woman to join his side to continue in the harassment. Many a times I screamed at them to leave me alone, but they did not. The bus stop was full of people and nobody came to my aid. I finally reached my breaking point and ran to BART, to meet my mother at her job so I could get a ride home.

I explained the situation to my tdoc at the next appointment and the first thing she said to me was, "Do you think that was a hallucination? Why do you think no one came to your side?" I am a young girl, I am only 19. It seemed strange and even to this day I am not sure if what happened was real or not.

Guest Vapourware

I think you shouldn't question everything or put it down to a hallucination. I know that hallucinations can seem very real but I think it's about probability. Someone coming up and asking for drinks and the like is pretty plausible. It is creepy but it does happen. Same with people harassing others.

Also, I think bystanders usually don't intervene out of fear or the belief that it's not their problem. It's the bystander effect.

I often question myself when things like this happen. One time I was in the grocery store and some random guy came up to me and asked me where the milk was. I told him and then I glanced away and when I glanced back he was gone. There was no way he could've disappeared like that so I figured it was a hallucination. It's scary when you have to question your own reality.

Archived