CrazyBoards.org

Blood Sugars and Prozac

Hey all, My doctor threw this one at me. I don't do well on SSRI's, but he is just throwing stuff at me to try at this point. I guess because of my sluggish liver and Fibromyalgia. Fibro makes you sensitive to everything.

In any case, I have hypoglycemia and due to a bum pancreas, headed for Type II diabetes, so I'm checking in here before I try it.

hey, yes, Prozac does effect blood sugars (check out Jerod's listing on the Crazymeds site proper).

however, despite being type II i stayed on it cuz it works for me.  we tried glucophage first then went to Byetta (protective effect on the pancreas, i recommend it but it has a pretty stiff side effect profile).

the weird thing is when we treated my prediabetes, my energy levels went up & i felt better and more energetic than i had in years.  so just a thought, if you arnnt' getting treated, just taking care of the physical did me a world of good.

Seemed to me that my blood sugar was a problem the first few weeks on Prozac. I thought so because a long time after I ate I'd get the shakes, and it would go away if I ate something substantial. Not sure what would happen to someone with hypoglycemia, tho my blood sugar has sometimes tended to be on the low side. One thing I do know is NEVER have a brownie containing certain leafy substances before breakfast. I've seen what it can do to someone with hypoglycemia and it ain't funny.

Archived