CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin and stomach pain

I've been on WB SR for over a year, 150 mg twice a day. Started feeling the slippery slide toward depression a couple of months ago so my doc (not pdoc) raised my dose, starting a couple of weeks ago. I now take two 150 mgs in the morning, and 1 at night.

I've been having really bad stomach pain for the last several weeks. I'm pretty sure it started after the increased dosage, and I know that's a side effect of WB. It's not constant, but it is happening several times a week.

So my question is, any suggestions on making the stomach pain go away? The increased dose does seem to be helping the depression, so I don't really want to drop it again. I'm planning on switching to the XL version, since my insurance will cover it now. I go back to the doc in a week or 2 for a follow up--any suggestions on what I should ask her for?

I also just saw in someone else's post that the generic SR gave them reflux--I'm on the generic. I'm thinking that's probably not helping and I should probably try the brand name. Is XL still only in brand name, or would I need to ask for a DAW?

Thanks.

There is no generic for Wellbutrin XL available in the states. I think maybe in Canada. Only generics are regular bupropion and the sr.

Funny thing I've gotten acid reflux as well. I take 150 mg of the SR in

the morning and the afternoon. Never made the connection. I dropped down to just 150 in the AM no more reflux!

Jafco

I also just saw in someone else's post that the generic SR gave them reflux--I'm on the generic. I'm thinking that's probably not helping and I should probably try the brand name. Is XL still only in brand name, or would I need to ask for a DAW?

Thanks.

I've had the reflux problem with generic SR, but only with the the stuff made by Teva and sold under the name of Budeprion.  The generic made by anyone else has been fine.

Archived