CrazyBoards.org

Odd Wellbutrin Side Effect

I have been on WB for 9 days (150mg 1x daily going to 150 mg 2x daily in 5 days)

I have incredible smelling ability! Yesterday to celebrate a silly occassion with b/f we were going to go out to dinner. I wanted Chinese, so we tried to go to 3 different places. The first one smelled moldy like an old basement, the second one like spoiled meat, the third one like someone hadn't bathed. (I have been in these places many times over the last two years and never noticed anything like this before) I couldn't even be inside these places for more than 2 minutes. The smells were overwhelming. My b/f was a bit annoyed but he's a sweet guy and puts up with my oddness (doesn't know that I have a MI-haven't disclosed that yet) we tried a 4th place and it smelled clean and fresh so we ate there. I wonder if this will go away or get better as most side effects do with me. OR horrors!! Is it going to get more pronounced at the 300mg q daily dose?

Also, I was able to tell what my boyfriend had had for lunch yesterday just by smelling his shirt as we hugged hello, 5 hours after he had eaten. (Jack-n-Box Jumbo Jack) He thought I was just guessing but I could smell the meat and onion smell on his shirt-not his breath.

Very interesting.  The only reason I have ever taken WB was to reverse the sexual side effetcs.  I haven't tried to see if they're gone yet.  Hopefully this week sometime.  I see you're also taking prozac.  When I took prozac and then added WB I reversed those s/e.  What dose are you taken of Prozac?

Guest She's weird

I am a minimalist, I want to take the least amount of meds as possible to get the job done and my Dr. didn't think the WB would help with weight issues if I still was taking the full dose of Prozac.

In addition to the MI, I have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and Restless Leg Syndrome, (When I am sitting doing little in the way of physical movement, ie watching tv, working on the computer, trying to sleep) my arms and legs twitch and feel like I am being poked with pins, I move my arms and legs involuntarily, it is especially bad at night, I feel like I'm being poked again and again and I keep waking up  or I jerk BIG and wake myself up. I was taking Mirapex+Klonipin for the PLMD and RLS, but dropped the Mirapex (again, am a minimalist)  as I found the klonipin helped me to sleep deep enough that the movement didn't bother my sleep. Soooo, long story short, i take Klonipin for sleep and as needed for amped up anxiety feelings or agitation. If I take a whole .5 mg tab at night it makes me sleep like a baby, if I take a half a tab it just takes the edge off my anxiety but I can still function normally.

This is very interesting.  WB alone is not recommended for anyone with anxiety b/c it can make it much worse.  Make sure you be careful with that.  The klonopin must counteract that though.  Most doctors don't like to rx benzos though b/c they are very addicting.  I know mine wouldn't do it.  Hence why I upped my Cymbalta.

Good stuff.  Well we're both going into the WB together.  We can bitch to each other.  I seem to have no s/e except for the first 24 hours for me.  They weren't really bad though.  A bit foggy but also had more energy and I didn't know what to do with it ;)

No smell effects for me, tho it might be handy if my sense of smell was a bit more sensitive. Stuff makes me cranky for a while, tho. My friend who started at 150mg twice per day went just about manic, tho. He's just starting to calm down, now, after I guess a week.

I know that but I was referring to some starting off at 300mg instead of starting at 150mg for a few days to ween you onto the drug .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I see - didn't quite know who you were replying to, sorry.

Yes some seem to get told to start off on that, not sure why as it makes sense to take it easy!

Archived