CrazyBoards.org

Well, this is my first post at the crazyboards!  The forum I usually frequent is down at the moment, though I hope to stop spending so much time there anyway.  I've been having a rough last couple days so I found my way over here...

So, a bit about me.  I'm depressed!  Yay!  Who isn't though, anymore, right?  ;)

I'm currently on 450 mgs of Wellbutrin XL.  It's doing a great job of keeping me (fairly) stable but not much more.  I'm nervous of switching meds, though, since I already have a very low libido and being a newlywed it can definitely put a strain on the relationship.

I'm also a compulsive overeater, which doesn't really help the depression much. 

Here I am.  Stuck in a rut.  That's me in a nutshell!  Looking forward to poking around this place for a bit!

Guest billycat

Hi        I was on welbutrine only for a pretty long time .... finally I started to see a pdoc and he added Lamictal and it made a big difference.    the welburtine is good for the depression but something like lamictal or topomax will stabalize you.

The wellburtine was one thing that did not affect my libido...that was at 300 mg.

hope you will start to feel better soon ...there are so many different choices

it takes time.

hey sweets...sorry you've been having a rough time...on another note...congrads on your marraige!!!

just wanted to stop by n welcome you ta crazytown!!!

hope you feel at home real soon!!! ;)

good thoughts goin ta you n yours!

flutterfly xo

Guest billycat

Hi S.D.    Are you seeing a pdoc  or just a gp for help with the depression? 

Switching meds is not always a bad thing....... I spent two years on different ssri's  and they had alot of bad side affects.    they were not really helping the way I was feeling too much, but I didn't really realize it until I went to see another doc who is now helping me.      I needed somthing to compare to.    It's taken time and I know there is more ahead of me but I guess that is all part of MI.....

Continue to seek the right help.  I have learned alot on these boards too,

so many people willing to share feelings and knowledge.

You're not blabbering, SD.  Never fear.  ;)

The nice thing about pdocs is that they can diagnose you properly and make sure you're on the right meds.  My GP is wonderful, but she's never even heard of two of the drugs I'm on.  Whereas pdocs know the ins and outs of all the different MI meds out there.

Originally, I told a GP I was depressed and he gave me anti-depressants.  It took years (and a lot of struggling) before I went to a pdoc and found out why the antidepressants weren't working for me -- because I had more going on than just depression.

Talk to a pdoc.  It's worth the time and expense, even if you only go to get a second opinion.

Archived