CrazyBoards.org

not eating either...

Min

I've found that I can't, or don't want to eat.  I will eat very little, sometimes a snack and will go out to dinner but not eat all of my food.  I take daily vitamins, One a day Weightsmart and 2400mg Fish oil and drink lots of water so I'm not really worried about becoming malnurished, but this little side effect or whatever scares me.  Today I only ate a banana and some hummus on some pita bread, and a bit of candy from last night.

dx: BPI/ possibly Schizoaffective

meds: 300mg effexor after dinner, 1mg clonazepam 3 times daily, 60mg geodon at night

I know it's not the effexor, I've been on that for years.  It seems to be the Geodon, to me.

min, thats interesting.

initially, i lost 15lbs when i started topamax. i couldnt even stand the thought of eating but it got better. now, if i dont come to work where i have a regular routine of going for lunch with two other co-workers - i WONT eat because i just dont remember.

ive been a bit depressed lately so ive been picking at food and binging on halloween candy. 

otherwise, im just NOT hungry.

my weight dropped 6lbs. im not sick, despite the illnesses that have been going around my office. cant really figure it out.

dont really have anything useful to add to your post.  just wanted to say youre not alone.

min, thats interesting.

initially, i lost 15lbs when i started topamax. i couldnt even stand the thought of eating but it got better. now, if i dont come to work where i have a regular routine of going for lunch with two other co-workers - i WONT eat because i just dont remember.

ive been a bit depressed lately so ive been picking at food and binging on halloween candy. 

otherwise, im just NOT hungry.

my weight dropped 6lbs. im not sick, despite the illnesses that have been going around my office. cant really figure it out.

dont really have anything useful to add to your post.  just wanted to say youre not alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks.  i don't seem to be loosing much weight though, perhaps the scale's broken...

Hi Min.  I am a BP I and find that Geodon is activating of mania.  So maybe that is it.  Hope you don't go manic!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually really like it when I'm manic.  It's like I'm really really happy...I love it.  I have tons of energy and feel I can do anything...I wish I was manic more often really ^^;

If you've been doing this for many weeks, your weight is stable, and your BMI is above 18 or so, I don't think you need to worry. I'm often amazed at how little some other people eat. If you are underweight to start, then maybe you need to worry. It's good to eat several times a day, though.

minimum weight, approx., per: http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

5'0"  95 pounds

5'2"  101

5'4"  109

5'6"  116

5'8"  122

5'10" 130

6'      138

These figures seem fantastically  low to me now, but if I remember back in high school, when I was around 5'10" and dropped to 135 people told me I looked gaunt. (Malnourishment from fake Outward Bound. I tend toward muscular, so add a few pounds to the minimum.) So at least that one is in the ballpark. And also for 6 feet, as I once dated a woman who was that tall whose weight was in the 140's and just fine.

I must have a lot of other things I should be doing.....

Archived