CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin and Insomnia

So I've been on the WB for a week now.  Just taking 150mg XL.  I always took my Trazadone to go to sleep before the WB.  I could either take 25mg or 50mg.  Lately I've been waking up a few times a night taking the 50mg.  Last night when I woke up I added another 25mg.  So I was up to 75mg.  I still woke up ;) .  How long does the insomnia normally last?  I thought it was a s/e that lasts for only a few weeks.

Do you think I should start taking the 75mg at once and that might help or should I be asking for something stronger?  Who else takes traz and how much do you take?

I'm also on 90mg Cymbalta and have been on it for over 2 months now.

Thanks for your help. B

Well starting dose is 150mg and then you go to 300mg.  I'm just gonna stay at the 150mg.  I believe WB only takes care of dopamine and a little of norepinephrin not serotonin.

Someone else can tell me if I'm right or not.

WB has been used alot with Cymbalta ;)

Thanks Dee.

B

WB acts on all 3 neurotransmitters, although "weak" as per the prescribing info.  I know the starting dose is 150, but it is available in 100 mg capsules as well. 

I'm sure it's fine, but you should check with your doc before upping the Traz just to be safe.

Dee

Yeah I left her a msg about the sleeping issue.  She'll call me abck later tonight.  I know that Velvet Elvis takes both Cymbalta and WB.  He's been on it for quite sometime.

I also took WB when I was on Prozac too.  That worked fine.

IME, sleep disruption is a side effect that comes and goes.  If I tweak my meds in any way, that'll almost for sure cause it- but it appears randomly when I haven't done anything, either.

It's never a good idea to take more than the prescribed amount of medication- although 75 mgs of trazodone is not that much of a jump, you should always check.

(I've taken 60 mgs of Cymbalta and 150 mgs of Wellbutrin for almost a year now.  It's a fairly popular combo.)

Hello Becca,

So the sleeping issues I guess can come and go?  I talked to my doc last night and she told me to go ahead and take 100mg ;)   I took it and I still woke up twice but I also didn't have the wacked out dreams.  I slept for 10 hours and I felt pretty groggy when I woke up.  Traz doesn't normally have that effect on me but I guess at the higher dose it will now. 

Do you take anything to help you sleep?

Thanks B

Archived