CrazyBoards.org

Different AD to switch to

Okay, gonna whine here, seems I'm good at it.  This 60 mg of Cymbalta (in month 6 now), is starting to piss me off.  Seems for me to be great at disrupting my sleep, gives me major dreams, makes me tired/unmotivated, twitchy, bitchy.

My depression is better, sex life is blah but always was (11 yrs on Zoloft), anxiety is okay.

Would anyone recommend Prozac?  I suffer from depression/anxiety a little OCD, GAD, blah blah blah. 

This sleep disruption is just pissy pissy pissy!  Grr!!

Sorry about the ranting!  Kris

Why not try upping the Cymbalta first.  I felt much better once I did and I didn't get any added s/e.  I decided to try that before changing.  With increasing to 90mg you get more of the serotonin.  Maybe thats what you're lacking.  It helped my anxiety a bunch.  Prozac is good for those things as well.  Since Cymbalta is hard to stop I'd rather up before getting off of it.  I'm surprised your pdoc didn't suggest upping it a while ago.

Kris,

You might talk to your doc about adding a small dose of amitriptyline or trazodone for sleep. Both are technically antidepressants, but not often used because they are so sedating.

Amitriptyline has been a tremendous help to me. It's not habit forming. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and still use the same dose I started with. And cheap, too. The last script I picked up cost a whopping $1.42. Woot.

Greeny

I took prozac for almost 15 years, and for the most part, I loved it.  Alot of people do really well alleviating the sexual side effects and weight gain issues by adding Wellbutrin (Wellbutrin had no effect on me).

The best part about Prozac for me was the long half-life -- it makes for a much smoother ride.  It finally started to poop out on me after many years.  I am on Cymbalta now, and I'm not sure at this point that I should have switched.

-- Abby

Archived