CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
coconuts

delusions of grandeur versus being a true bad ass

He gets hotter every year, too.

He really does. He's kinda crazy, too, if you read interviews with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has bipolar disorder. (Ah, diagnosing celebrities.)

I can't decide if he's hotter as Tony Stark/Iron Man or as Sherlock Holmes.

Interesting comment about Robert Downey Jr. - for everyone, he does have Bipolar Disorder.

Catherine Zeta Jones has Bipolar II.

Here are a few others I know of:

Mel Gibson,, Jim Carey, Marilyn Monroe, Robin Williams, Demi Lovato. My doctor and I just had to discuss it because he asked me if anyone of my theater colleagues knew about my condition. I said I was afraid to be discriminated and he said that it is common for actors to have Bipolar lol.

Bipolar plays a large part in my creative output, and I would venture that many here have experienced that as artists. It would not surprise me at all to find a prevalence in the acting community.

i created/formulated a religion while manic, but i am a non-religious person so i am unsure if this really counts as an accomplishment.

also, i've had delusions of grandeur about my writing skill and experience, but these false lofty thoughts inflate my confidence enough that i write better.

I think (among other things) that I'm famous every time I go manic. But there is duality. "Dude, you think this every damn time." Yet, nevertheless, I believe I am famous every damn time. Repeating the same mistake. Isn't that the definition?

I am a true badass.

Seriously. And crazy as a shitehouse rat to boot.

I'm usually too depressed to go outside and prove it though.

-I mean, I make a living from my art and have no other job. I don't even get disability or any kind of welfare.

Like I said, BADASS.

I am a badass because of my bipolar. I'm alive, sane and productive even though I spent nearly a decade unmedicated, I did crazy dangerous shit and got out alive, and instead of giving up, I keep getting up and making my life better, even when depression is kicking me (like today.) It's pretty badass to see your whole life collapse and then build it up again and deal with stigma and medication and loneliness and still keep on being awesome.

had delusion i was a end time prophet here to save even the darkest of souls lol. that past. went to depression felt like hell came up total bad ass exercised intensly super hot charismatic. up all the time either the gym dancing socializing i people around me had some wht of a magical experimce around then got knocked up and was depressed the whole the time had him got pregnant got preg ten months lter kinda manic throughour tht one starting to feel the awesomeness rerurning now its kinda uncomfortable and just gives me anxisty i know wht goes up must com down

had delusion i was a end time prophet here to save even the darkest of souls lol. that past. went to depression felt like hell came up total bad ass exercised intensly super hot charismatic. up all the time either the gym dancing socializing i people around me had some wht of a magical experimce around then got knocked up and was depressed the whole the time had him got pregnant got preg ten months lter kinda manic throughour tht one starting to feel the awesomeness rerurning now its kinda uncomfortable and just gives me anxisty i know wht goes up must com down

I am a badass because of my bipolar. I'm alive, sane and productive even though I spent nearly a decade unmedicated, I did crazy dangerous shit and got out alive, and instead of giving up, I keep getting up and making my life better, even when depression is kicking me (like today.) It's pretty badass to see your whole life collapse and then build it up again and deal with stigma and medication and loneliness and still keep on being awesome.

Ditto, and that is pretty kickass if u ask me. :)

Skarlysgirl, are you seeing a pdoc (psychiatrist)? Are you still pregnant (did I get that right, I was a little confused)? It is important that you see a pdoc before you give birth (and even if you already had the baby), because they will want to make sure you don't get Post-partum depression or psychosis.

sorry its on my phone lot of typos all buttons close together and it seems i skip words sometimes always have think to faster than i type any way my second baby is three monthd i have been experiencing racing thoughts somr grandious thoughts i have been using cbt to combat it and calmin stuff it sucks thetapist thinks i just have an anxiety disorder general practioners leaned toward bp gave me buspar not working

A general practitioner isn't going to cut it. You need to see a pdoc, and it sounds like you need to see one soon. Get a referral from your gdoc, and call the pdoc's office immediately, because there *will* be a wait to get an intake appt., and sometimes it can be kind of long.

But with a baby so recently, and racing thoughts, I would want to see a pdoc. It is good that you are using CBT, and it is helping you.

Buspar is a real crap shoot. When it works, it works well, but it hardly works for anyone. For me it was like taking sugar pills. But there are people on the boards who like it. It sounds like it may not be helping you, though.

its beem a real hell trying to figure whats wrong with me when therapisy saying u just have anxiety i thought i wad going schizo for a time but half my mother side has bpolar mother had it bad she neveref learnef any coping skills and they had her on a antidepressant twelve years ago made her more crazy on top of possible meth ise and taro cards she swore demons were attckin. scary stuff she ended it