CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin & Insomnia

So I've been on the WB for a week now.  Just taking 150mg XL.  I always took my Trazadone to go to sleep before the WB.  I could either take 25mg or 50mg.  Lately I've been waking up a few times a night taking the 50mg.  Last night when I woke up I added another 25mg.  So I was up to 75mg.  I still woke up sad.gif .  How long does the insomnia normally last?  I thought it was a s/e that lasts for only a few weeks.

Do you think I should start taking the 75mg at once and that might help or should I be asking for something stronger?  Who else takes traz and how much do you take?

I'm also on 90mg Cymbalta and have been on it for over 2 months now.

Thanks for your help. B

The other meds I am on make me very sleepy, so I take them 1 or 2 hours befor bedtime. I dont take anything to sleep, sorry. When are you takeing the Welbutrin? Try takeing it right away when you wake up.(in morning) If you take it any later it will keep you up.

• 2 weeks later...

When i started wellbutrin i only slept 4 hrs a night for the first 2 weeks and woke up feeling like a million bucks.  I didnt take any meds to sleep better, because i was enjoying the reduced need for sleep.  Its amazing how much more you get done when your day starts at 4 am instead of 8am.  Anyway, the effect dissipated quickly and i am back to sleeping a full night.

I've found all of wellbutrins various and interesting side effects to be short lived. 

Thats very interesting b/c even though I wake up quite frequently I never feel tired the next day.  I at 24 days now and I think I still have issues.  I've always had issues falling asleep b/c I can't shut the brain off.  Then when I'd wake up I'd have issues again b/c I would stress thinking about needing to go back to bed.  I don't stress anymore which is nice ;)

For me, this side effect never went away.  I used the SR, and that did the trick.  You can take 150 to 200 all at once, once a day.  If that doesnt work, I'd use the old school, 2 times a day, the latter one no later than 2 pm.  Good luck.

I just started Wellbutrin about a week ago and haven't experienced feelings of insomnia but just in case I did my doctor gave me Ambien to counteract it.

Ambien puts me out like a light...maybe you can ask your doctor about that? Within 30 minutes I am dead to the world- my roommate even tried to wake me up by shaking me but I still didn't wake up one night.

Another thing to try is the SR like someone mentioned- I am not sure the differences between the XL and SR but that might make a difference.

Archived