CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
squirmy

Do you remember an episode clearly and if so how long do you remember.

When I have one of my paranoid episodes such as the SWAT team is coming in my house its a repetative episode and I'll usually remember it for a couple of days but there's some stuff like the feeling that everyone is out to get me now that stays with me longer than all combined has any one else noticed this before..

I remember my episode very clearly, even though it happened two years ago. Do you mean as do you still believe the episode to be true for a long time? Then yes, I had a fixed belief that my cousin was out to get me even while I was medicated for two months. It went away when it was proved to be wrong.

I had fixed beliefs for years, kind of like a running story of my life, where everything I "heard" was what was real. After awhile when I was literally proved to be wrong with certain things I'd thought based on these beliefs, mine went away too. It was just a matter of a face-to-face reality check with whatever/whomever the situation was that was causing the problem.

Unfortunately I remember what happened well. I wish I could forget it. I may not remember it exactly, but I do remember most of the details. Which sucks.

Unfortunately I remember what happened well. I wish I could forget it. I may not remember it exactly, but I do remember most of the details. Which sucks.

What I do remember and can recall usually are the most embarrassing things I've done/said.

I've had a previous delusional episode, and yep, I remember what I thought, and how it made me feel. I kinda wish I didn't, because on top of being embarrassing, it's really depressing thinking of how telling someone about it might have got me treatment that could've averted this episode.

I'm in the same boat as melissaw, I only tend to remember the embarassing stuff. I wish I could forget some of my past behavior, particularly the delusions. I've had some off the wall ones and I'm amazed that the people I talked to about them were able to keep a straight face.

i'll remember the increasing symptoms as it gets worse and worse. then, once i completely have the break, my memory gets really blurry and patchy until i come down from it.

in my most recent episode [that i am still trying to come out of] i had increasing symptoms beginning probably the beginning of august until the second week of september. my memory gets worse leading up to my complete break. i was then hospitalized, given shots and lots of antipsychotics, and released on the 14th. i barely remember the hospital, and none of the entire week after the hospital -- loved ones tell me i was acting very strangely. my boyfriend says you could "see the crazy" in my eyes. on the 22nd, i had another break which subsequently put me in the hospital again, with more shots and even more antipsychotics. my memory doesn't start to come back until about a week after my release from the hospital. i have been asking everyone what went on over the past month, going through my tweets and posts on messageboards, and my hastily scrawled entries in my journals.

I remember the craziest times. Really awful extreme psychosis. I get flashbacks of the terrible delusions and dangerous situations.

My tdoc and I are going to work on it because it has a real PTSD feel to it. I wish I didn't remember, but it is so clear.