CrazyBoards.org

cymbalta not working for anxiety,what do you take?

im going to ask her to get me off this horrible cymbalta, but i dont know what i should get on, anything works good for you?

ive already been on xoloft,, lexapro, celexa, and paxil.

im thinking about wellbutrin.....

what do you take for anxiety that works good for you?

sorry to hear the cymbalta not working for you.  So far (knock on wood) it's been working great for me although not much help on the anxiety issue.  I take ativan at this time - gonna try to get my xanax back cause it works much better.

Good luck!

Hell no please don't take Wellbutrin.  I'd had maybe five anxiety attacks and then I went on Wellbutrin and had several a DAY.  I read somewhere that Cymbalta does well with targetting depression first, while Effexor seems to target anxiety first.  I wouldn't bet my life on it being that simple, but I'd try Effexor if I were you.  I have extreme anxiety and the Effexor has made me really tired, if I don't get a good night's sleep, but I'd have to say I'm better off emotionally and mentally than I was before I started it.  I also take 2.5 mg of Abilify before bed and that helps me get to sleep.  Good luck!

im going to ask her to get me off this horrible cymbalta, but i dont know what i should get on, anything works good for you?

ive already been on xoloft,, lexapro, celexa, and paxil.

im thinking about wellbutrin.....

what do you take for anxiety that works good for you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long were you on Cymbalta for and at what dose?

Id say you have a couple of options.

Effexor for one, prozac as well.  Prozac just works for some people where the other ssris dont.

Otherwise some of the tetracyclic drugs like remeron or mianserin might do the trick.  These can have bad weight gain but they are very effective for some people.

for GAD effexor worked for me but the half life was killer.  If i missed a dose, by 5pm the next day I was an emotional, crying, shaking mess.  Not fun and very bad on the job.

I'm on Remeron now and it works well for me but may not for others.  It improved my sleep 100 fold i.e. no more crazy SSRI dreams and fewer night terrors. 

Archived