CrazyBoards.org

ok. another thread about swollen glands.

a bout with mono or something years ago has made my glands all lumpy all the time. I don't remember the AC i was on making this any worse but;

whatever, the doctor told me not to be concerned but also said 'DO NOT PLAY WITH THEM' cause touching them constantly will aggravate it and make it more likely that they'll be that way permanently.

breathe..

and if they remain terribly sore and/or you develop other symptoms of illness then doctr would be wise.

lumpy, dumpy pj

For what it's worth, about a year and a half ago, my lymph nodes on the back of my neck swelled like golf balls.  I freaked out, read horror stories online and was convinced I had all kinds of horrible diseases.

My doctor ran a series of tests and nothing was wrong.  She said it was probably just stress-related and that she's seen it before.

Don't panic.  Have it checked out.  Hopefully it's nothing.

Dee

You do have lymph glands and vessels that run up the sides and the back of your neck (I think they're behind the carotids, but I'd have to check my anatomy coloring book, and I'm too lazy right now).  If it's not sore, you're not likely to have an infection.  It could be allergies or anything that causes your immune system to overreact and try to clean something up.  The lymph nodes in my neck and throat get swollen & sore when my allergies are bad.

So stop feeling yourself up!  If it stays there or you get more, go to the doctor.  You may need a checkup along with a standard blood workup to make sure you're not running some kind of low-grade infection (I once let a wound in my heel get infected and ended up with swollen glands up my leg and in my groin!).  Drink lots of water, take your vitamins--hey, take your fingers off that lymph node!!

Hi,

I have to completely disagree with PJ - lymphatic massage anyone?

Ashl3igh - I think you will be ok. if anything else happens, then call your dr.

with all the crap thats going on....its probably stress. of course, i dont have a medical degree and live in a pineapple under the sea (sponge bob).

feel better!!!

december

I have to completely disagree with PJ - lymphatic massage anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

db, but of course.. however, massage by someone trained in this, after all deep massage for lymphatic conditions is contraindicated and with the gentle lymphatic massage there are risks in certain cases.

not a do-it-yourself kind of thing.

why the dr. say, no play.

cheers

k

Archived