CrazyBoards.org

Being Sensitive and BP

I'm BP1 with some anxiety issues thrown in. This past month, I got a new boss. I became convinced he hated me and was trying to fire me. I read into every email he wrote and everything he said. I was going crazy and crying about it and talking about it nonstop!

Is it "normal" for BP people to overreact or be especially sensitive to certain situations, or is it JUST me, or maybe a mix of all that's "wrong" with my head? Thoughts?

There are times,

when I feel like

I can read

beyond the words

of an Email or post.

The actual context of words

fades

as I react to the emotions

created by the words.

I have been on this

board

long enough to

feel close to some,

put-off by others,

Other boards provided me with

rejection and

pain.

My home here

is in transition,

so

of course,

I feel

anxiety.

You are not alone in being sensitive to all this.

Stasis

I can't go a day without having a melt-down over something......

I always blamed it on the GAD

But...hell.....who knows......

I have no idea what level of lowness or anything I will be when waking up............

I have always thought I knew what people were thinking and being so rejection sensitive, it drove me nuts.  I try to just listen to the words that are being said but it hardly ever works, my mind keeps wanting me to listen to it.

Yup, I've read that intense sensitivity and rejection sensitivity are common traits of bipolar, or at least BP II.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That right there is me to a "T", but I am BPI.

I have been called an emotional basket case more times than I can count.

I have bewildered people all of my life.

At least now I know why! What a consolation prize!

Sam

I've always worried that people are talking about me, and it has never really been true, until I got let go at my last job.  I walked past the conference room and heard them planning it.

Sensitive about others comments/reactions? Yes, but I tend to get angry and have it go over and over in my head.

I don't know about the "being talked about" wory symptom, but I think Bp'ers in general tend to over react to others.

A.M.  (BPII)

I really love this- this is so great! We're NOT alone in our paranoia, and may not even be paranoid after all! As AirMarshall just pointed out, they were planning this firing!!! We'd better be careful- nutjobs, unite!!! ;)

I'm VERY touchy.  Especially on days like today when my agitation is sky high.  Just saw my boss and she happened to look at my clothes and I immediately thought something along the lines of "stupid cow what's wrong with what I'm wearing - oh my god I shouldn't have put this on this morning it's totally inappropriate for work I may as well just leave now because people are going to be looking at me strangely all day".  FWIW I'm wearing a perfectly normal set of clothes.  Have put call into pdoc b/c right now I just want to scream, jump out the window, cut myself or do something equally stupid.

oh don't go there with me.  i get pissed at the slightest things (some things, i shouldn't even be pissed about).  tonight i got pissed because my parents did not call me.  i am VERY touchy and get pissed a lot.  but my meds seem to be helping that.

I have always been a bad combination of over-sensitive and paranoid.  Normal?  I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah me too.  I always think people hate me, even cashiers in stores.  I have my "inside" days where I can't leave the house because it's so bad.  Then there are other days when I think everyone loves me and I am the cat's meow.

But generally I'm a combination of paranoid and social phobic.

I am very sensitive to peoples actions & words, even unspoken vibes.  I am

paranoid at times, esp. when manic & have a hard time taking anyone or anything

at face value.  I am always trying to dissect everything under my own distorted

microscope.  I have been told I can take something simple and make it very

complicated.

I got told "you're just being oversensitive" so many times as a kid.  It's never JUST being oversensitive, there's always a reason for it.  I wish someone had given me some tools to cope with it - the "you're oversensitive" line was always used as an 'explanation' for why I was supposed to stop reacting in a way the speaker didn't like. 

I have been an overly sensitive, over reactor my entire life.  Throw a little paranoia in there and you can see what a drama queen I can be.  I do have good times where I manage to react like normal folk, but I find myself over analyzing events, conversations, emails quite a bit.  I hate it.  I wish I was able to let the ups and downs of (my) life just happen without making an issue out of everything. 

aimee

Is it "normal" for BP people to overreact or be especially sensitive to certain situations, or is it JUST me, or maybe a mix of all that's "wrong" with my head? Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just what do you mean by that?  Are you trying to say I am overreacting?  You are the one overreacting.  Why are you being so mean to me?  I am going to go sit in the corner and cry.

Here is a great example of oversensitivity: my boss wanted copies of my professional certifications for my record. I jumped to the conclusion that he thought I wasn't qualified for my job and wanted to fire me!

And since my car got stolen (obviously something that was my fault), I am going to my grandparents to ask for the money to purchase a new car (because I have ruined my credit with unemployment/periods of disability/irresponsibility). I'm SO NERVOUS that they are going to hold my conditions against me and refuse me money to buy a car, which I need to go to work, because of my conditions. WTF??!! We're all like this, I'm getting the idea from all of your posts that it is a part (or can be a part) of our condition, and that we need to step back and realize it! Don't even mention my phobias that people in the office don't like my fashion!!!

Archived