CrazyBoards.org

Overflowing Garbage...

I didn't even know it had gotten this bad.  I live alone in a dorm (I had a roommate at the beginning of the semester, but she left, which is fine with me) that has community bathrooms.  I try not to go to the bathroom if I can help it (unhealthy, I know), but I especially can't bring myself to take my trash in there.  I probably haven't gotten rid of my garbage in a month.  I have almost no sense of smell, so I can't tell whether it's nasty or not.  No one's talked to me about it, so I assume it's not a huge problem.  I can't bring myself to do laundry either, so I know my clothes probably have to stink.  It's so embarrassing, but I just can't do it.  What if someone talks to me?  What if people see my trash or dirty underwear?  I can't even deal with the fear, so I try not to think about it.  I just continue to be the smelly hermit in the room that's really starting to pile up.

This is no way to live.

Schmem -

If someone talks to you, you don't have to talk back.  If people see your stuff, why would they care?  Unless trash really interests them, I don't think they'd take a second glance at it.

Try and gather up the courage to make that trip to the bathroom.  Maybe take it out when you do have to go to the bathroom, hit two birds with one stone.  I used to be afraid to go to the bathroom alone when I was a child, I was so scared of being alone. 

Schmem,

Welcome and we are glad you are here. A lot of us have social phobias so you are not alone. Is there a counseling center at the school that you can go to and possibly get some help with this? No one has said anything to you but eventually they may or they may be afraid to. Also this is affecting you greatly.

If not counseling, do you have a good friend or family member you can confide in that could help you through this? I hope you are able to seek some help for this. You did the first step by coming here and unloading.

Let us know how it goes.

Maybe you could go really late at night so it isn't that crowded.  I really feel for

you as I've been afraid to go to the dumpster for fear of people talking & looking

at me.  Another idea is to put on headphones so everyone will think you're

engrossed in music. I wish you luck!

hey sweets...i know exactly how you feel (being agoraphobic SUCKS) can you tell your p-doc (if you have one) n if you don't can you get one?

the headphones is a great idea...but it sounds like this is affecting your life terribly...try ta get some help before you can't even go outa your room at all!

let us know how your journey goes...

good luck n good thoughts ta ya

flutterfly xo

yeah last year my roommate leaving prompted my descent into smelly hermitism.  Go to a student counseling center.  The isolating/lack of ability to do basic maintenance thing is usually a big indicator for me that something is going wrong.

Archived