CrazyBoards.org

My brain - need a new one

Okay, so I've been doin fairly stable to Cymbalta but a few sleep interuptions which were pissing me off so I call the dr. she says try some Trazadone when needed.  So, think no way, don't want this stuff, I got xanax if I need it blah blah.  So the obsessive irrational side of my brain starts shorting out (like the fembots on Austin Powers) and I get in bed and I'm wide awake just a thinkin of nothing and anything (can ya all tell insomnia is my trigger into anxiety/depression). 

So here I am thinkin everything's gonna go into the toilet again, won't sleep again, gonna get depressed again, gonna go crazy, be out of my mind, put into the psyc. ward, blah blah blah. 

Anyone else get irrational and freaked out about something so stupid? 

41 year old emotional wreck of a baby!  What the F- is wrong with me?

hey sweets...ooh god yes!!! i research all the head drugs n non drugs before i will even consider ta take 'em (mainly 'cause i've had allergic reactions) n now are gunshy...

but even little aspects of life...the 'WHAT IF'S' kill me n then full blown panic!!!

good luck ta ya...wish i could tell you how ta not freak...but i'm still working on that!!! ;)

good thoughts ta ya

flutterfly xo

Kris,

I have this issue as well.  Being able to fall aslepp has always been hard for me.  I wish I knew I had anxiety years ago... It would have helped me out alot.  DId you get the rx for traz and are afraid to try it or did you just not get it.  I'm telling you it works like a charm.  Get the 50mg tabs and even just split it in half.  Man if only you lived close I'd give you one of mine to try... oooops did I just say that ;)

That's okay.  Yup I got it and am afraid to try it.  I'm a baby.  Why it is I'll pop a xanax tho is beyond me.  Prob. cause I'm used to them.  Kris.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen to what Bianca is telling you! First off, it is not a good idea to use benzo's for sleep,  they are very habit forming, you know that. And honestly they don't work very well as a sleep aid. Try 25-50 mg of Traz and you will get some quality sleep. I used to take 150! Believe me it won't hurt you, and you'll be glad you did. Xanax is a bitch to get off of if you've been taking it a long time. I know from first hand experience! Right now I use Valium, but never for sleep. Either Valium or Klonopin is always a better choice than Xanax. It's the half-life thing again.

PS Cymbalta is a good AD try to stick with it.

Jafco

Oh Kris, I soooo know what you're talking about!  My mind tortures me at night.  It has not been nearly as bad lately as my depression gets better, but I can obsess over the dumbest things all night and it can seem like a horrible problem that I have to solve throughout the night.  Then, in the morning, I think about what was keeping me awake, and I think, "that's really not a big deal, why was I awake all night with heart palpataing anxiety over THIS?!"

Usually it is about what a failure I am and I should have done this better, or what if this person is mad at me, or I'm a terrible mother and my children are going become crack addicts or start a meth lab and it will be all my fault!  Crazy, I know!

But it has gotten significantly better these past few months.

Anne

Anne, you're so funny!  Boy do we sound a lot alike!  I have two kids 16 & 12 both boys and I often obsess I'm not a good mother too.  My husband and the kids are at a hockey tournament this weekend and I went through torture cause I didn't want to go but thought I should yada yada yada.  So, here I am at home alone not liking it much.  Oh well, choices we make!  Take care and I'll see you on the Cymbalta thread!  Kris.

You guys crack me up.  I wish we lived close b/c I would love to meet everyone.  We'd have so much fun lol

I bet both of you are great mothers.  Look at it this way, at least you have kids.  I want a chiold so bad and it was possible but I left my marriage.  So now I'm back in the same boat.  You guys need to stop yourself when you're obsessing and realize how ridiculous those thoughts are.  Your kids love you and always will.  I bet you two are the best mothers ever ;)

Kris, Did you try the traz?  I bet you didn't lol

You really should try it.  The sooner you try it the better your sleep will be.

I hope everyone is having a great day.  Its so freakin beautiful outside.  I wish I could ride my new motorcycle.  Its been about 2 months sine I've rode b/c the meds made me feel ucky in the beginning.  And now I just haven't gotten back into it.  Oh well I'll wait until next season.

Aww shucks Bianca,  you're so nice to say that ;)

Are you not riding your cycle now cuz of the weather, or is it already put away for the winter.  If not, you should go for a little spin.  Sounds like a good pick me up.  I'm thinking you're near the midwest like I am (I know you told me, but I forget at the moment) and you're right, it is beautiful! 

I'm approaching my last week off so I'm starting to stress a little -- just trying to shove that down and enjoy my last week...

Kris,

Try 25mg tonight or even half a half if you have a pill splitter.

Listen to what Bianca is telling you! First off, it is not a good idea to use benzo's for sleep,  they are very habit forming, you know that. And honestly they don't work very well as a sleep aid. Try 25-50 mg of Traz and you will get some quality sleep. I used to take 150! Believe me it won't hurt you, and you'll be glad you did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys, before telling her how much to take, let's find out how much HER DOCTOR prescribed.

THEN come back with "Hon, here's how to split that monster dose." or "That's nothing."

I'll second the warning about the benzos though. They may be OK for anxiety, but when you're

obsessing over practically nothing an AD will probably help more.  And if it's keeping you up, a more

sedating AD like trazadone sounds reasonable.

Hi null0trooper,

She got rx 50mg.  I was suggesting if she is scared to only take half the does.  I fit done't work try the full dose at 50 mg ther next night. 

Anne,

You guys deserve to hear that  I have spoken to you for about 2 months so far and if most kids had stressing parents like you two they would be the lucky ones.  ;)

I heavn't riden the bike since the meds and now I'm scared.  Gotta get over the hump.  lol

Have a great night everyone :)

Ha, my mom rarely calls me!  Just the way she works, just can't pick up the phone.  Thanks for your comment about my kids, I try ever so hard.  I came from a family of 5 and was very much short changed in the affection dept.  I don't smother my kids, but I am very protective of them.  Grrrr. 

Now Bianca, I'm blushing, how'd you know I hadn't tried the Traz. yet.  Gosh. 

It's a beautiful day here too, except a little chilly.  I'm tired but in one very strange mood, like I could crack jokes all day, uh oh, perhaps I'm getting a bit manic?  At least I don't have any time or money to spend or I'd be tempted to shop or buy another dog or a boat or a .....

Anne, where do you hail from?  Bianca - I forget (my ADD) where you're from.  I'm MI in Michigan ha. Kris.

Don't get me started on MY MOM!  God love her -- but she just makes me a crazy person (or should I therapeutically say I allow her to drive me nuts).  She can say the most innoculous things (something like, "I though you were going to pick the kids up today") and the hairs go up on the back on my neck and I become this snappy bitch.  I don't have the slightest notion why I react this way!  That's just one more reason for me to feel guilty about something.  My sister has the same problem...hmmm...but we are a totally dysfunctional family too -- another story.

I'm fro St. Louis -- very warm here. I'm painting and I can have the windows open!  I love Michigan -- what part?  I grew up in Indiana and we used to vacation there a lot!

Hey, I was born in Indiana.  I live about 1 hour north or so of Detroit.  Takes us about 15 minutes to get to the lake, not that we ever go there.  Don't get me started on my mom either.  I love her to death, but ... hence the greatest influence on my mental status or lack thereof.  My dad was the "glue" and he died almost 5 years ago.  We are also a dysfunctional family.  I finally saw my sister last night after not talking to her since June - and it wasen't cause we were fighting.  Depending on where Bianca lives - we could all meet in a central state - here I'm planning ha, check out my thread on the Cymbalta site.  P.S. my mom makes my low blood pressure rise rise rise!  Guess its cause I keep my mouth shut and respect that she is my mom.

How old are you?  I'm 41 now. 

I just knew you were procrastinating Kris LOL

I live in MD.  Much farther from you too.

Finally one of the guys I work with comes back to work today.  Friday and yesterday were just too crazy for me.  OI was 3 people in one.  geez

Well I'm an only child so go figure.  I'm my moms world.  My dad passed away when I was 4 years old.  So its just been she and I the whole time.  She never dated or remarried b/c she didn't want a man abusing me or telling either one of us what to do.  So I am very independant and I love my space.

We're like best friends.  But she does drive me up a wall.  She's already called me twice this am and it's only 9:30 am ;)

God love her. 

Archived