CrazyBoards.org

appetite suppression - strategies to handle?

I'm just. not. hungry.  And I'm supposed to be eating more than usual to regain lost weight.  Lunches are the worst.  I have a milk-juice-protein shake I drink for breakfast, and I can eat some but less than a full dinner, but for lunch all I can handle is, say, a yogurt cup several hours late.  Any suggestions for how to deal with this? (And I don't mean suggestions like "add seroquel to your cocktail.")

Can you keep food in a dish or right by you at all times?

They have found if food is within 6 feet and in plain view,

people are WAY more likely to eat it.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but OTC sleeping pills make eat

the whole house.

can you take a little time for yourself at lunchtime?

maybe go somewhere quiet and relax, read a good book or

catalog while eating?

Maybe if you eat while doing something esle, you won't notice

the extra food going in.

ANd are you hydrated? when I dont drink enough i lost

hunger.

that's a good idea (keeping near me).  I'll drink more water, too - my hydration has been low recently (due to not waking up in the middle of the night over and over incredibly thirsty).  I'll try going elsewhere at lunch time. thanks!

sorry, I can't spell for shit today!

there WAS a good post on how to gain from the old board, maybe

they still have it around somewhere.

some people like drinking thier cals better, others find this makes

them too full.

try adding nuts, butter, peanut butter.

They also found that having a more varied selection of food around

made people eat more.

And people served 5 cups of mac and cheese ate way more then people

served 2 cups of it.

Sorry, I'm normally trying not to eat,lol

Are you working or just in school.  I really think you should try to get up at the same time everyday.  A schedule will really help you out.  Have you ever tried weight gainer.  You can probably get it from GNC.  It s a shake I think if thats easier for you to handle.

And weight gainer shakes teste WAY better then weight loss one, lol.

Just make sure if you use a shake like that, try to get one that's a meal replacement, those should have more nutrants in them.

I don't know your budget/social life, but sometimes going out to

lunch (cheaper then going for dinner) can help, if it's in a nice, relaxed

place. Be sure to tell them to bring more bread ;)

If you can handle it and don't have an allergy to any of the ingredients, keeping those peanut butter and cracker snack packs around with you all the time helps.  In fact, any kind of small snack that you can keep around with you at all times helps.  Dittos on the juice.

Peanut butter, nuts, chocolate, high-fructose corn syrup are your friends.  Not for me (except in small amounts except for the corn syrup due to their high potassium) but I have a special diet set up for me by a registered dietician. 

Forgive any of my misspellings.  Hookt on fonix didnt workt 4 m3.

Could the lithium be causing this?

I'm a 6'-3" dude and I lost from 260 lbs. to 175 lbs. after I started taking lithium. I just wasn't hungry either. Plus I quit drinking Tequila Sunrises every night.

If you aren't hungry, force yourself to eat high calorie food when you do eat. You know, Tequila Sunrises, brownies, ice cream, chips.

Don't forget the V8. (Bloody Marys?)

yes. snackies good.  I made some peanut butter cocoa balls recently and I've had good luck with being able to eat those.  I should buy some little snack packs though.

I don't know if it's due to the lithium.  The first time around it was due to anxiety and general bad stuff.  This time around...maybe. 

I'll work on chips.  I'm semi-avoiding sugar because it can make mood stuff worse, but perhaps this is not the time to worry about that. 

I really appreciate the suggestions everyone is giving. 

I love those cracker mixes! But I always eat the bread chips out first. I wish there were more of them.  I'll try to remember to get some when I go to the store next.

This time around I gave up some money and bought my favorite things - shrimp, oysters, and clams.  Mmmm...

This time around I gave up some money and bought my favorite things - shrimp, oysters, and clams.  Mmmm...

Now ya talkin'......

french bread and po-boy time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All right you two, now you have me hungry for some oysters, and clams, and shrimp, and ...

Erika

I take green tea supplements to combat a major appetite.  also working out a lot helps so much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to offend, but this thread is for tips to increase appetite.

Sorry if it got a bit off-topic or misleading.

Maddy.

Archived